Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moderation on the forum

Options
  • 31-08-2019 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Is it acceptable behaviour that a mod has allowed a user to be called a racist?

The proof cited by the mod of the 'racism' is clearly a tongue in cheek comment made to criticize the use of the word racism, and in no way admits to being racist, yet is being interpreted literally and now perpetuated across the site. I and other posters have since been called or implied as racist also.

Lots of mods have commented on this since to me, saying "he's said it before" "He's said it in other threads" etc.. And I have researched and spent hours, and not found proof. This is a lie.

It seems moderators and admins are equating racism with not wanting completely open borders, a crime committed by a certain group of people these days.

I have had dozens of replies in the Gemma thread, the feedback thread, my own resolution dispute with Beasty in the feedback thread, and yet no-one has been nice enough to point me to evidence of this supposed 'racism'.

Not only is it a running joke, but highlights perfectly the hypocrisy of this website these days.

Not only that, but when I try to point it out to the authorities involved, they call me a **** poster, they say I am employing circular arguments, and they say I'm just trying to cause trouble. Nice of them to know my intentions.

This is the post that is completely objectionable:
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it
    Hardly a surprise Stephen, as like her, you're a racist.
    Mod: Please stop reporting this post. Stephen15 has admitted he is a racist.

This is the post the moderator refers to that Stephen 'admits' his racism.
    If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.
    Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

[Please note this comment was made BEFORE the 'proof' cited by the admin. BEFORE]

I would appreciate it if Beasty has nothing to do with this matter. In the past has proved to be completely dishonest when dealing with me.

• So either can you please prove to me this user's racism, or could you please tell me what definition of racism you're using.

• Or if you want to do the right thing, delete post#8 in the Gemma thread in Current Affairs, and start reprimanding posters that call others racist without proof.

I have been thread-banned by Beasty from two threads talking about this matter; and I will not stop. It's ridiculous and it's wrong. You all know it. I will not shut up.

All it will take to shut me up is to do one of the two things in bold. But admins would prefer to threadban me and shut up my opinion. Wouldn't it be easier to prove the user in question's racism?????????

I know mods/admins are perfectly capable of recognizing tongue in cheek comments. I'm just so curious why they are so willfully ignorant in this case.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Do you genuinely think they were being serious?
    Mr E wrote: »
    In a thread that started with lots of tongue-in-cheek remarks, it's another tongue-in-cheek remark.
    It was an attempt at a humourous comment that fell a little bit flat (or dare I say, sank).
    mike_ie wrote: »
    I don't know definitively if Stephen15 is a racist.

It's a flagrant abuse of the rules, akin to how the moderators around here used to mess with people's avatars. No different.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51af0fd3f1b939f57d89e125d3fd64c827d313afdf8&rid=giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

This was Stephen's reply to the post in question, just in case of any doubt:
    I made a tongue in cheek gesture to make rhe point that the term racist is being thrown around like confetti at anything and everything. Having issues with immigration does not make one a racist. Some people don't like cold hard facts that don't show immigration in a positive light.

I have no problem with people of other skin colours living in Ireland as long as they enter legally through a path of controlled immigration. I don't have an issue with induvidual Muslims but yes I do have an issue with Islam as I believe it is a barbaric, medieval ideology which views women as second class citizens. In fact when you talk about hate crimes I think that Islam is fairly hate filled ideology which promotes a toxic hate filled rhetoric which incites hate groups like ISIS, Al-Queda and Boko Haram.

Criticising Islam is not racist as Islam for a start is not a race. If criticising Islam is racist then so too is criticising Christianity, Judaism, Facism, Communism etc. racist.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Kimsang wrote: »
    I have had dozens of replies in the Gemma thread, the feedback thread, my own resolution dispute with Beasty in the feedback thread...

And your query was answered each time, until you pushed the issue to the point of being threadbanned, despite repeated warnings to stop. I gave you a final admin decision on the matter in the previous thread - we're done here as far as I'm concerned.

Your previous threadban was not an invitation to open an identical thread to bang the exact same drum - consider this thread locked. If you open another thread on the same issue here, considering your multiple warnings, the next step is a forum ban. Should you push it elsewhere on the site, it will be a siteban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement