Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Unfortunately the gym I attend at present plays the radio. Safe to say that Deirdre O Kane has single-handedly destroyed any chance in hell that I would even consider going near Appliances Delivered to make a purchase.

I understand that ads are often annoying on purpose, so that it gets stuck in your head, but this company has gone way beyond that. Their ads are infuriatingly repulsive and it now makes me angry to even hear the company's name.

(I know.... weird overreaction.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Mothers and their tendency to spontaneously combust over the most random, unexpected things. It's the randomness and unpredictableness of it that's infuriating. I nearly could be done for murder and she'd be like "Okay don't worry, I still love you," but then in contrast suddenly blow up in my face over something completely benign like she had to call me twice before I answered.

Peter Kay was so right... "If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just swallowed a fly :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Snap! I did the same earlier, vile creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Snap! I did the same earlier, vile creatures.

I feel a nursery rhyme coming on :D:D:D:D

(I'm sorry!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

DareGod wrote: »
    Unfortunately the gym I attend at present plays the radio. Safe to say that Deirdre O Kane has single-handedly destroyed any chance in hell that I would even consider going near Appliances Delivered to make a purchase.

I understand that ads are often annoying on purpose, so that it gets stuck in your head, but this company has gone way beyond that. Their ads are infuriatingly repulsive and it now makes me angry to even hear the company's name.

Nope, I have in the past deliberately boycotted products as their ads were so annoying. Fruice around 10-15 years ago deserves a special mention, as does Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

At work today we had an abundance of wasps. Lovely person that I am, I was warning everybody to watch out. "Careful, there's a wasp around your head" etc. Next thing I feel this pain in my arm, one of the little bas***ds stung me. And of course, as usual when I get stung, my arm swelled to 6 times its size. TA... I fupping hate wasps. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Cut my finger at work today and I can feel it throbbing, it hurts :(

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Cut my finger at work today and I can feel it throbbing, it hurts :(

Could the plaster/bandage be too tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

fmpisces wrote: »
    Could the plaster/bandage be too tight?

It actually could be, I might take it off altogether

• Advertisement

It actually could be, I might take it off altogether

I'm just talking from experience. I find if the plaster is too tight then I can literally feel a pulse. If the wound has stopped bleeding, no harm letting the air get at it and put another plaster on when you're doing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Apparently, they're a great source of protein.

Fly burgers are, apparently,very popular in South East Asia

RMAOK wrote: »
    Apparently, they're a great source of protein.

Fly burgers are, apparently,very popular in South East Asia

Horse burgers are very popular in Ireland :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Perhaps you'll die. :pac:
    I feel a nursery rhyme coming on.
    (I'm sorry!!)

*Clears throat*
    Horse burgers are very popular in Ireland :D

Well, now, funny you should say that... 'cause I know of an old woman who swallowed a horse. She's dead, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Being eternally single and longing for a hug on a tough day / week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I’m sick of being treated like a taxi

At least you get paid for lifts 😔

New Home wrote: »
    Start charging them, they'll soon stop.

Do you get free taxis??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

#metoo. Although I'm lucky, I have a smallie and he gave me a few tonight.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Chin up Skittles (hugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Chin up Skittles (hugs)

Thanks zcorpian ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shemale wrote: »
    Do you get free taxis??

No, but then again, I don't ask Kitty.

Chin up skittles, there's loads of advantages in being single (but that's another thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

DareGod wrote: »

Not an overreaction at all.
    I actually emailed AJ products saying that if they continued the "What makes you feel good at work..... Oooo ooo ooo ooooooo oo Oooo" ad, that I would stop purchasing from them.
    I didn't get a reply but the ad did change back shortly afterwards to the lovely one where a woman sings lots of products they sell, "kick steps, pallet trucks, stair combs? etc."

Flies, its ****ing wall to wall bluebottles and those bastard flies that fly in circles under lights (whether the light is on or not)

I made a nice couscous salad for lunch for the week and as it was cooling I put cling film over it leaving a small thumb sized gap to let heat out so I dont get sick, come into kitchen and hear annoying bluebottle near me, the ****er got under the cling film and is trapped in with my salad for god knows how long.

The following week, same ****ing thing, different bluebottle, cause I murder anything at my food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

That it's not Friday evening now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My glass porch is covered in mini little brown mothy creatures .Whatever they are they seem to multiply at night.If I touch them they almost turn to dust .Never seen the like of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anxiety!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Last night I had the bedroom window open while watching tv until going to sleep.
    When I turned off the light I was on my phone. I could hear a moth flapping in the ceiling lampshade, a bluebottle buzzing and a daddy long legs ran across my phone screen and arm.
    Horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Waiting for a bus at half 3 that never shows up. Going out to catch the next one at 4:30 only to be told it flew by 15mins earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Woohoo. Its so great. The photographing of Abbey Road's cover is fifty years old today. Not the release of the album itself. Just the photo on the front.

I mean c'mon. Its a bleeding picture. Not that significant to be gathering around celebrating on a street. Must have nothing to be worrying them.

Beatlemania in this day and age is a huge TA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement