Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord breach of obligations

Options
  • 21-07-2019 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Dltd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It depends on the nature of the relationship of this family member. Who are they to the Landlord?

Assuming it's one of the enumerated relationships then you're eventually going to have to move. There is nothing to stop them renting out rooms once the termination is valid. It sounds as if you are renting a room rather than the entire property, is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 redlily

It depends on the nature of the relationship of this family member. Who are they to the Landlord?

Assuming it's one of the enumerated relationships then you're eventually going to have to move. There is nothing to stop them renting out rooms once the termination is valid. It sounds as if you are renting a room rather than the entire property, is that correct?

Thanks..no the whole property, it was a houseshare with us on a lease. The Ll apparently breached by moving in the family member while I'm still there. Also the termination is on the grounds that the whole property not room is to be used for family thus taking back the whole propertty. Termination is not in line with new legislation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Then go to the RTB, your landlord will get hammered by the rent increases and open adverts for new tenants. If the landlord escalates, get evidence, find another place and keep the RTB case open. Your going to have to be prepared afterwards to possibly follow up with a solicitor to actually get money from nay judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 redlily

Then go to the RTB, your landlord will get hammered by the rent increases and open adverts for new tenants. If the landlord escalates, get evidence, find another place and keep the RTB case open. Your going to have to be prepared afterwards to possibly follow up with a solicitor to actually get money from nay judgement.
    Thank you. I was considering getting a solicitor for the RTB. I want to make sure I've covered everything. There are more breaches also. The other part of the story is the Ll is holding me to the end of the notice period..they want to get paid for that time so if I leave the Ll will charge me.
    Ll has also threatened to deduct from my deposit (no inspection as if yet) for an item accidently broken over 2 years ago that the Ll had said not to worry about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

As the opening post has been deleted, thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement