Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair discussion ban?

Options
  • 16-07-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Is there a ban on Ryanair discussions on After Hours?
    Most of boarders are Ryanair customers and they are entitled to discus important issues like Ryanair buying new Boeing 737 MAX (recently renamed to 737 8200)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

perhaps try the aviation forum

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A general interest story I'd have thought,rather than a specific aviation item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Over one hundred million passengers a year and you think it is a hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

zom wrote: »

No, there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most of boarders are Ryanair customers and they are entitled to discus important issues like Ryanair buying new Boeing 737 MAX (recently renamed to 737 8200)!

Ryanair have always used 737's so why would their buying the newest version of the plane be an issue.

It's not like they are going to fly it before it's released to fly by the regulators and they won't be doing using the same process again for certification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It got moved to A&A but I think papering over the cracks with rebranding of the type should be made known to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It got moved to A&A but I think papering over the cracks with rebranding of the type should be made known to the public.

Are people unable to read the news? If public relies on AH to get relevant information then we have more serious issues than Ryanair rebranding planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

ChikiChiki wrote: »

They'll just charge you more if you want to fly on a safer aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They'll just charge you more if you want to fly on a safer aircraft.

How is Ryanair's ultra modern fleet unsafe?

They have a very good safety record.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

murpho999 wrote: »
    How is Ryanair's ultra modern fleet unsafe?

They have a very good safety record.

That type of plane does not

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

That type of plane does not

But they're not using it yet and will only do so once given the all clear.

No different to other airlines but Ryanair always get singled out by haters.

Do you realise Ryanair are ultra sensitive about safety as they know one slip up will destroy them. They don't mess around with it or take short cuts in anyway.

Big concerns about the plane remain, but the idea that there is some kind of Big Aerospace man telling this this little website to shut up about it

(( L O L))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 rabbidpeach

kneemos wrote: »
    A general interest story I'd have thought,rather than a specific aviation item.
    The charter states "Do not post here to reach a larger audience" so I'm sure this is why the post was moved.

It was given the all clear before Lion air and Ethiopian airlines flew them.

I'm not a Ryan air hater, although I'm sure they renegotiated the price on the orders.

No different to other airlines but Ryanair always get singled out by haters.

Do you realise Ryanair are ultra sensitive about safety as they know one slip up will destroy them. They don't mess around with it or take short cuts in anyway.

Then why are they removing the "Max" lettering? A rather devious tactic of rebranding.

Then why are they removing the "Max" lettering? A rather devious tactic of rebranding.

I'd say it's Boeing doing it.

Why have a go at Ryanair. Other Airlines such AIG (Iberia, British Airways and Aer Lingus etc) and United Airlines have done it too.

Guardian Article here

Why single out Ryanair?

Plane can only fly when cleared by regulators. Ryanair will not fly an unsafe plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The same reason as buildings often don't have 13th floor. It's not like the safety issues with the plane won't be resolved and planes thoroughly scrutinised.

It was given the all clear before Lion air and Ethiopian airlines flew them.

I'm not a Ryan air hater, although I'm sure they renegotiated the price on the orders.

The fault which is software related had not been discovered yet but is now identified and been fixed.

These are not the first ever plane crashes you know.

Flight safety is a constantly evolving and changing area.

How are you sure Ryanair renegotiated the price? Did Michael O'Leary call you?

If they did, how do you know other airlines didn't as well.

Why is Ryanair being singled out and other airlines doing the exact same thing are not being mentioned?

You wouldn't name your new cruise liner the Titanic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Over one hundred million passengers a year and you think it is a hobby?

Why would you think that the aviation forum is purely for hobbyists? There's a lot of very serious and technical discussion in that forum as many of the posters there work in the industry. It's not just a bunch of lads who like looking at the pictures in aviation magazines or who park outside the airport to take photos.

• Advertisement

The fault which is software related had not been discovered yet but is now identified and been fixed.

Boeing also made some safety features "optional extras".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/21/doomed-boeing-737-air-max-planes-ethiopia-indonesia-crashes-lacked-two-optional-safety-features-report
    Regulators do not require airlines to buy optional extras, and many low-cost carriers opt not to.

I wonder are RyanAir going to pay up for those...

How are you sure Ryanair renegotiated the price? Did Michael O'Leary call you?

If they did, how do you know other airlines didn't as well.

Why is Ryanair being singled out and other airlines doing the exact same thing are not being mentioned?

You've being very defensive there about Ryan Air.
    Of course Irish people are going to be concerned about an airlines choices
    when they're pretty likely to fly with them in the future.

I hear Pepsi are rebranding Pepsi Max too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭Tow

AFAIK the Ryanair version was never the standard "Max". It is special 'max' bums on a seat version of the '737 Max 8', aka 727 Max 200. It is longer, has 200 seats and an extra emergency exit door.

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/customers/ryanair/boeing-launches-737-max-200-with-100-airplane-order-from-ryanair.page

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Although..

http://mentalfloss.com/article/561482/titanic-ii-preparing-set-sail-2022-and-you-can-be-board

He must like to live dangerously.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Boeing also made some safety features "optional extras".

I wonder are RyanAir going to pay up for those...

What Boeing done was make some warnings related to the MCAS system an optional extra. This was possible as they were not considered "safety critical" by the manufacturer. Its prohibited to make a safety critical feature an optional extra, as we know, Boeing found a work around and were stung.

For your other question... Yes Ryanair did purchase these optional extras ($80k per aircraft at list prices)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Does the MAX not indicate that the aircraft is chemtrail capable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They screwed me for € 40 with a carry on bag last Friday in Budapest. A normal Samsonite bag. I am going to choose other airlines going forward where possible. Sick of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭Tow

What Boeing done was make some warnings related to the MCAS system an optional extra.

MCAS is only the tip of the iceberg. It now appears they have to upgrade the flight control computer, the venerable 286 is too slow the handle the 'fixed software' in realtime.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/06/boeings-software-fix-for-the-737-max-problem-overwhelms-the-planes-computer.html

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement