Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

https://youtu.be/Z6GyT5cV6jw
    The lad from AXA was fairly stumped

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Jeez. Thanks for posting that video and imo it clarifies why we are paying exorbitant renewal fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just did passport application on line. Very handy altogether

Passport has been despatched. That's some service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

The wife had an accident a few years ago, was with a neighbor and my wife was at fault. There was no dispute over the accident and both cars insured with the same company. The 2 cars were old and low value and insurance company decided to write them off on that basis. After all was settled the neighbor said she questioned the value the insurance company had put on her car and they told her "you know you haven't put in an injury claim"! And fair play she didn't as there was none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

emaherx wrote: »
    The wife had an accident a few years ago, was with a neighbor and my wife was at fault. There was no dispute over the accident and both cars insured with the same company. The 2 cars were old and low value and insurance company decided to write them off on that basis. After all was settled the neighbor said she questioned the value the insurance company had put on her car and they told her "you know you haven't put in an injury claim"! And fair play she didn't as there was none.

A long time ago I crashed into a woman and it was my fault- fender bender.

By the time everything was done, it was €4200 of a bill and my insurance company slapped a bill for administration of €900 so the claim would be over €5k so they could up my premium the following year, (that was their limit at the time) I’d say a fiver of a claim would put up a premium now. The following year they tried loading a thousand extra on my premium. Last time dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You have to read between the lines here. The reality is that a lot of suspected fraudulent claims cannot be proven and the insurance industry have to make a judgement call whether the Garda can proove it or more importantly it is in their interest, costwise to pursue it. They can't say this publicly as every scumbag in the country would cop onto it.
    I know someone who had a minor fender bender with someone. Big claim lodged and the insurance company is dealing with it. Guess what she does for a living - yep, a fooking solicitor. I kid you not.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ah here..

IMG-20190709-WA0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If an investigation and subsequent Court case looks like it might cost 15,000 euro (or more, cause the sky's the limit in Court), an Insurance company will happily settle for 10,000.
    Even if there is clear evidence that the person claiming is negligent to a degree (like admitting their children were not wearing seatbelts, then making the claim because the child was "shaken") they will just pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Did any farm in the WHPR program get a letter on Greenbreed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭kk.man

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If an investigation and subsequent Court case looks like it might cost 15,000 euro (or more, cause the sky's the limit in Court), an Insurance company will happily settle for 10,000.
    Even if there is clear evidence that the person claiming is negligent to a degree (like admitting their children were not wearing seatbelts, then making the claim because the child was "shaken") they will just pay out.

Another aspect that is ignored...the barrister for the claimant will be on the other side of the room tomorrow and the claimants barrister will be defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

kk.man wrote: »
    Another aspect that is ignored...the barrister for the claimant will be on the other side of the room tomorrow and the claimants barrister will be defending.

True.
    Do you remember the Supermacs "slip" case where the claimant was recorded on cctv splashing water on the floor, and taking a few practice skids before "slipping and injuring" himself?
    The Barrister defending Supermacs warned the claimants Barrister about the clear evidence just before the case was heard.
    Out of "Professional Courtesey" .

Reading there of an 8 year old spent 10k over 3 months on his mother's credit card playing roblox!!!! That would be some shock to get

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Reading there of an 8 year old spent 10k over 3 months on his mother's credit card playing roblox!!!! That would be some shock to get

Read that alright. The first or second reply makes it sound like they are not going to get the money back.

Read that alright. The first or second reply makes it sound like they are not going to get the money back.

I'd be livid. Mine ask if they can buy anything always. They know the rules. Also it's linked to a credit card with a limit of 1000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Odelay

How many power washings is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lovely evening out here, glad to enjoy it.

Odelay wrote: »
    Lovely evening out here, glad to enjoy it.

Was at football until 9 30. Lovely to be out and about in it

Was at football until 9 30. Lovely to be out and about in it

Lovely evening alright, but very dark now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

a lovely shiny 192 Reg. MF parked up in the yard earlier ,

had visions of me having comfort in my old age and thinking the family are so thoughtful,

anyhow short lived it disappeared while i was milking, :(

junior has helping a fellow with a long draw & he just got it this morning

beef farmer as well and they saying there no money in finishing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

orm0nd wrote: »

had visions of me having comfort in my old age and thinking the family are so thoughtful,

Must have two off farm jobs to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

I says wrote: »

Probably Larry goodmans or frank mallons

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

True.
    Do you remember the Supermacs "slip" case where the claimant was recorded on cctv splashing water on the floor, and taking a few practice skids before "slipping and injuring" himself?
    The Barrister defending Supermacs warned the claimants Barrister about the clear evidence just before the case was heard.

Ita normal afaik in court cases that all such evidence held by the defence must be presented to the prosecution before the case is tried and vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

orm0nd wrote: »

Know of a mixed farm with two new tractors, new telehandler and a new digger in the yard in the last 4 years. Mix of dairy, beef and tillage. The story is 4 bachelors brothers and an unmarried sister all living at home all on the old age pension. €1200 a week in pensions arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

True.

That’s the way it works at that level.
    They all work through each other on different cases so there is no real case of “barrister Vs barrister”, they want cases resolved easy and quickly as possible. They don’t want to be sticking it to each other in court because next case they could be working together, so they see themselves as beyond that and work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

Did any farm in the WHPR program get a letter on Greenbreed?

yep, what you think of it

annubis wrote: »
    yep, what you think of it
    The weighing, recording & DNA are already been done.
    Concerned about breeding advice with no comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I says wrote: »

Full time farmer

Nobbies wrote: »
    Probably Larry goodmans or frank mallons

wouldn't be a fan of Larry and would be long road to Mallon

Why the fuk if a guy is hard working and knows his job that others doubt his ability ?

too much whingeing and ppl expecting everything for nothing in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

heaven forbid he might of rented the thing for a few days

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    heaven forbid he might of rented the thing for a few days

Probably got it to see what the neighbours reactions would be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement