Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security - alarm and GPS tracker

Options
  • 15-06-2019 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭

So my Oxford alpha alarm lock has given up the ghost after only 5 months. Can't be bothered with following up on the warranty as postage costs would probably give me a heart attack. (I wouldn't recommend it based on this)

So here's the question, has anyone ever bought the basic 2 wire self install motion alarms on eBay or Amazon. I'm also looking at the cheap self install GPS options too and plan to install both. I know there are lots of professional kits out there but I'm a cheap skate. Would be good to get some recommendations on any of the cheaper alternatives

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zubair wrote: »
    So my Oxford alpha alarm lock has given up the ghost after only 5 months. Can't be bothered with following up on the warranty as postage costs would probably give me a heart attack. (I wouldn't recommend it based on this)

So here's the question, has anyone ever bought the basic 2 wire self install motion alarms on eBay or Amazon. I'm also looking at the cheap self install GPS options too and plan to install both. I know there are lots of professional kits out there but I'm a cheap skate. Would be good to get some recommendations on any of the cheaper alternatives

Ya have one in mine three years. Make sure get one with battery included. Battery charges when bikes running

Handy to install and put your own SIM top up every few months .

Tk104 is the one I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just on posting back.
    If you paid with PayPal they will pay up to €30 on returns on 6 items a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

blade1 wrote: »
    Just on posting back.
    If you paid with PayPal they will pay up to €30 on returns on 6 items a year.

This is brilliant news and thanks for the recommendation too.

This is brilliant news and thanks for the recommendation too.

You need to sign up for it though and even if something costs more than 30 to send back they cover the 30 and you pay the rest.
    Came in handy for a leather jacket I had to send back which would have cost me 45 only for PayPal refund.
    https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Any chance you have a link blade, getting a few results with the tk104 and the description doesn't indicate they can be wired to the battery.

• Advertisement

Any chance you have a link blade, getting a few results with the tk104 and the description doesn't indicate they can be wired to the battery.

Listermint is your man for the tk104

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not wired to the battery . It had an internal battery.

Don't buy a tracker without its own battery .

Wire it so that it charges up when ignition on.

Advertisement