Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

That feels so good. Every title has been different but this one feels amazing as that Liverpool team were relentless and fantastic. The fight, spirit and desire this team showed to win14 in a row was unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Congrats on a great season. Absolutely phenomenal run in to win the league, pressure in every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Hitchens

that goal of Vinnie's against Leicester will live long in the memory as being the boost we needed for the final push, especially it being so spectacular as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done lads congrats on the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Hard to say it as a East Thurrock United fan but well done lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Liverpool fan, gutted but congratulations lads. See yiz next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Your team is a machine. 14 wins on the bounce. Hats off lads well done and enjoy it. I wish it was us but congratulations all the same.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Congratulations on the league win, well deserved.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Magnificent season. Hard luck to Liverpool. Roll on Wembley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Congrats on a hell of a league season guys, phenomenal side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Congrats lads, ran a terrific race.

Kompany wrote your name on the trophy during the week. Moment of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well done, feels like the most almighty kick to the balls.
    97 points but ye got there to 98. Some run of results.

Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hitchens wrote: »
    that goal of Vinnie's against Leicester will live long in the memory as being the boost we needed for the final push, especially it being so spectacular as well
    And who it was that scored it. The modern day Mike Doyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Credit to City for winning the league again. Can't but be in awe of the teams ability to sweep virtually every opposition aside in such a systematic way. Coming out top on the 1 to 1 league with Liverpool too means there can be no real dispute at all.

Ps. That Kompany goal made me sick in my own mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Kompany goal was the moment.

For weeks pundits and fans wondered what the big decisive race-defining moment would be.

The captain, out of nowhere, with a thunderbastard from the gods, was a worthy one. If we're all honest, we knew that was it.

If we had to lose, I've no problem with it being that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

shrewd wrote: »
    Lads, after Pool's performance today. i think City will win the league

Next time, i'll put my money where my mouth/instinct is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Congrats to ye. Easily the best team the EPL has ever seen. The way they play is a tad boring for the neutral but it’s great to watch when they get in and around the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Huge congrats from Liverpool fan here. The bar City have set is beyond anything I've ever seen. Here's to a good fight next year. Enjoy!

Garzorico wrote: »
    Congrats to ye. Easily the best team the EPL has ever seen. The way they play is a tad boring for the neutral but it’s great to watch when they get in and around the box.
    I'd imagine that, for a neutral, it probably IS a bit boring. But that's Pep's philosophy. Possession and patience. His view is, while we've got the ball, the opposition can't score. And that if the breakthrough doesn't come quickly, to keep your shape and keep doing the right things and, eventually, you'll score. He won't entertain long aimless balls into the box. No point; all our midfielders and forwards are midgets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Congratulations on the win, lads, well deserved and hard won given there wasn't room for a mistake for months now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lifelong Liverpool fan feeling gutted but also immensely proud tonight.
    Congrats to you guys, an amazing team almost hitting 200 points over two seasons.
    Both teams have been incredible sadly there can only be one winner but for my team to have got within 1 point of probably the greatest Premier league team ever says alot.
    Huge congrats and well deserved, enjoy it lads we hope to challenge you guys again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Dcully wrote: »
    Lifelong Liverpool fan feeling gutted but also immensely proud tonight.
    Congrats to you guys, an amazing team almost hitting 200 points over two seasons.
    Both teams have been incredible sadly there can only be one winner but for my team to have got within 1 point of probably the greatest Premier league team ever says alot.
    Huge congrats and well deserved, enjoy it lads we hope to challenge you guys again next season.

City have hit a new level.

Imo it's Pep. He's a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah congrats, the twist never came, 14 in a row, difficult to argue with that.

Doesn't feel as bad today because I felt it was death by a thousand cuts. After spire were wasteful, utd woeful, Burnley GLT'd and Leicester thunderbastard'd....

Will always wonder what would have happened if Brighton had held it together for more than 15 seconds but what a season .

For the good of the league I hope it doesn't pan out in such a one sided, two-horse race again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Congrats boys! 198 points over two seasons is a f*cking crazy bar to set! Hopefully see ye next year for more of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Garzorico

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah congrats, the twist never came, 14 in a row, difficult to argue with that.

Doesn't feel as bad today because I felt it was death by a thousand cuts. After spire were wasteful, utd woeful, Burnley GLT'd and Leicester thunderbastard'd....

Will always wonder what would have happened if Brighton had held it together for more than 15 seconds but what a season .

For the good of the league I hope it doesn't pan out in such a one sided, two-horse race again next year.

The twist was the 0-0 at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well it was a thrilling race until the end, well done MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That didn't feel like a twist at the time though because everyone expected both City and Liverpool to drop some points after that during the run in but both sides won all their remaining games.

Crazily the twist was that there was no twist. I think we have just witnessed Englands best two teams ever.

I am a City fan but Liverpool were magnificent. They drove us on and we drove them on.

They have to win the CL now and lose the serial loser tag - if not I can see them having major confidence issues and not being a threat next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭doc_17

Congrats on the win. But you need new songs lads. What city have done on the field has been incredible, on the domestic front anyway.

But the official defence of that song has been awful. I suppose it’s hardly a shock though.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

doc_17 wrote: »
    Congrats on the win. But you need new songs lads. What city have done on the field has been incredible, on the domestic front anyway.

But the official defence of that song has been awful. I suppose it’s hardly a shock though.

Like those Suarez tshirts? (I do agree though)

Weepsie wrote: »

And the defence continues.....proud times it must be for you.

And I suppose the main takeaway from your point of view is that it’s ok to be vile as long as someone else previously did something dumb.

Not a city fan. I don't defend the singing (i did say I agree did I not), I just think a bit of hypocrisy needs to be pointed out when it rears it head.

And no, my main takeaway is the all clubs unfortunately seem to have a vile element among their fanbase. Only a select few clubs have been caught out by endorsing it in some way through some weird misguided defence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/16/manchester-city-hit-out-uefa-investigation-financial-fair-play-champions-league-ban

City sound rattled by this investigation. UEFA are likely to roll over and just issue a fine if there's any finding of wrongdoing imo. Can't see a ban happening.

• Advertisement

Not a city fan. I don't defend the singing (i did say I agree did I not), I just think a bit of hypocrisy needs to be pointed out when it rears it head.

And no, my main takeaway is the all clubs unfortunately seem to have a vile element among their fanbase. Only a select few clubs have been caught out by endorsing it in some way through some weird misguided defence

You were more or less saying it was grand because some idiot thought wearing Suárez t-shirts was fine.

And it’s not hypocrisy on my part so not sure what you’re getting at there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

dmigsy wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/16/manchester-city-hit-out-uefa-investigation-financial-fair-play-champions-league-ban

City sound rattled by this investigation. UEFA are likely to roll over and just issue a fine if there's any finding of wrongdoing imo. Can't see a ban happening.

rattled?

sounds like they have had enough of playing nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »

rattled?

Ha, different interpretations. City have rarely played nice in this space. Interesting to see how it plays out. Could have broad implications on where the balance of power lies in football should Man City be found in breach of the FFP rules.

rattled?

liVARpool ....always offended, never ashamed

You were more or less saying it was grand because some idiot thought wearing Suárez t-shirts was fine.

And it’s not hypocrisy on my part so not sure what you’re getting at there.

No I wasn't. You've made that leap, specifically after I also agreed with your part. I was saying both are examples of clubs not covering themselves in glory due to the ill behaviour of their players and representatives and both have embarrased themselves. The fan of one club who has recent history of ill conceived campaigns for their accused player, giving out about that of another clubs sorry excuse is a bit hypocritical. Anyway you and I are derailing the thread, so I'll leave it at that and let them focus on the cup final.

• Advertisement

Yes. This will be lit last post on it. You equated Liverpool wearing Suarez jerseys with Man City staff singing about people “getting battered in the street”, where we all know what they are talking about.

Bye

Or pegging people in fountains. Or singing about Munich. Or about turks with knives. I doubt there's too many clubs out there that don't have some dirty laundry. If our players did sing about Sean Cox, I utterly condemn it. But the club has issued a statement categorically denying that Sean was the intended "target" of the song, saying it was intended to be about Kiev last May. In the end though, people will believe what they want to believe, regardless of what I or anybody else says.

blueser wrote: »
    But the club has issued a statement categorically denying that Sean was the intended "target" of the song, saying it was intended to be about Kiev last May.

Does that make it less inappropriate?

8-10 wrote: »
    Does that make it less inappropriate?
    Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

But the club has issued a statement categorically denying that Sean was the intended "target" of the song, saying it was intended to be about Kiev last May.

I would think it is still very much on the players' mind that they were in the bus that was attacked and badly damaged by Liverpool supporters on their way to a CL match, so they are bound to be gleeful about them subsequently losing the CL final in Kiev.

Doesn't justify singing a song that could easily be misconstrued to be about Sean Cox, but put a bunch of young blokes celebrating something into a confined space and stupid thing do happen.

Probably not.

So what's the point of the statement?

"we deny that our players were chanting about that particular fan being battered. Instead we can confirm that our players were referring to other fans being battered on a different date entirely" is a pretty weird defence to put out a statement about. I don't get how that makes it better, and if it doesn't, why say anything?

8-10 wrote: »
    So what's the point of the statement?

"we deny that our players were chanting about that particular fan being battered. Instead we can confirm that our players were referring to other fans being battered on a different date entirely" is a pretty weird defence to put out a statement about. I don't get how that makes it better, and if it doesn't, why say anything?

It's just PR ....ask Leo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What's with the faux outrage from all the disappointed Liverpool fans, footballers are stupid, footballers are ignorant. This particular group of footballers were most likely drunk, in great spirits and sang a song they had heard at nearly all of their matches this season. It doesn't directly name check Sean Cox or Hillsbourgh, and if it did I find it very hard to believe they would sing it.

Its just a case of them getting carried away, they don't wish harm on any liverpool fan, they don't think Hillsbourgh was great. It was a stupid moment by them, that is all.

I am a City fan and I actually think its more shameful the City fans sing it. The players were just singing a song, as it celebrates one of their current players within it, of which they didn't think too much into the meaning behind the rest.

One thing I will say is the club should have apologized a bit more sincerely, but this the modern world and every football club has defended their players when they do something stupid. Liverpool/Suarez. Chelsea/Terry. United/Cantona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What's with the faux outrage from all the disappointed Liverpool fans, footballers are stupid, footballers are ignorant. This particular group of footballers were most likely drunk, in great spirits and sang a song they had heard at nearly all of their matches this season. It doesn't directly name check Sean Cox or Hillsbourgh, and if it did I find it very hard to believe they would sing it.

Its just a case of them getting carried away, they don't wish harm on any liverpool fan, they don't think Hillsbourgh was great. It was a stupid moment by them, that is all.

I am a City fan and I actually think its more shameful the City fans sing it. The players were just singing a song, as it celebrates one of their current players within it, of which they didn't think too much into the meaning behind the rest.

One thing I will say is the club should have apologized a bit more sincerely, but this the modern world and every football club has defended their players when they do something stupid. Liverpool/Suarez. Chelsea/Terry. United/Cantona.

They changed the line from Ramos to Kompany so it was not picking up on what the fans sing, bit crazy for City players signing about fans being battered when one of there own was battered in Germany but hey as you say footballers are dumb

And blaming the bus incident for it is reaching for straws now as players even said it did not effect them

• Advertisement
Advertisement