If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolby Atmos setup Help

Options
  • 15-04-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Team, 

I am planning to setup Dolby Atmos home theatre system in my new home and am looking for recommendations. 

For the AV receivers, Was looking at Denon 2500 and Sony 1080. Could you please let me know which one is the best out of the 2 and why? Does these 2 Receivers support Active Subwoofers?

W.r.t the speakers, I am looking at something like Q Aquostics 3020i package or similar. However, I am not keen on running wires for the rear speakers. Are there any options that support this for the rear wireless speakers supported by these 2 AV receivers I mentioned above. 

Also, for the Atmos over the ceiling speakers, could you please give some recommendations? 

Thanks
    PB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bharath.balla

Can someone respond to this thread please? 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi bharath.balla,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Between the AV receivers I would recommend the Sony. Both have very similar features but for sound quality I think the Sony just edges out the Denon. It also won the What HiFi Award this year for best AV receiver in it's class. Unfortunately neither the Denon nor the Sony will work with wireless speakers so you would need to go for a wired speaker system.

The Q Acoustics is a great set however I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 package which comes with the Award winning Bronze 2 fronts and the dedicated dipole/bipole rears which give greater dispersion for the rear channels. I could do a Sony STRDN1080 and a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 pack for £1410 (normal retail price £1649).

For Atmos speakers are you looking for in ceiling speakers or the upfiring Atmos speakers which are angled towards the ceiling?

If you are looking for in ceilings I would recommend matching the system with Monitor Audio C165s. i could do two of these for £178. The best stand alone/upfiring Atmos speakers would be the Elac A4 Atmos speakers at £249 but I could do a pair of these for £220.

Let me know what you think of this system and if you have any questions!

Kind regards

David

Hi bharath.balla,

Between the AV receivers I would recommend the Sony. Both have very similar features but for sound quality I think the Sony just edges out the Denon. It also won the What HiFi Award this year for best AV receiver in it's class. Unfortunately neither the Denon nor the Sony will work with wireless speakers so you would need to go for a wired speaker system.

The Q Acoustics is a great set however I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 package which comes with the Award winning Bronze 2 fronts and the dedicated dipole/bipole rears which give greater dispersion for the rear channels. I could do a Sony STRDN1080 and a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 pack for £1410 (normal retail price £1649).

For Atmos speakers are you looking for in ceiling speakers or the upfiring Atmos speakers which are angled towards the ceiling?

If you are looking for in ceilings I would recommend matching the system with Monitor Audio C165s. i could do two of these for £178. The best stand alone/upfiring Atmos speakers would be the Elac A4 Atmos speakers at £249 but I could do a pair of these for £220.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks So much David. Will get back to you on this. 

Hi bharath.balla,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks So much David. Will get back to you on this. 
    No problem, keep me posted!

Kind regards

David

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Can you price up this bundle for me.
    Sony 1080 Avr and Q Aquostics 3010i 5.1 surround speakers.

Also could you please let me know if both of these are available in stock in the Belfast Store. Or how long does it take for delivery to Dublin

Thanks

• Advertisement

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Can you price up this bundle for me.
    Sony 1080 Avr and Q Aquostics 3010i 5.1 surround speakers.

Also could you please let me know if both of these are available in stock in the Belfast Store. Or how long does it take for delivery to Dublin

Thanks
    Hi bharath.balla,

I could do:

Sony STRDN1080 plus the Q Acoustics 3010i pack for £999 or 1199 euro.

I currently have these available in our Belfast store in all colours. If you wanted delivery to Dublin they would be leaving on Tuesday and with you on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi bharath.balla,

I could do:

I currently have these available in our Belfast store in all colours. If you wanted delivery to Dublin they would be leaving on Tuesday and with you on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Kind regards

David

Hi David

I have done some research and found the focal sib 5.1.2 to best the best solution for me.

Could you please price it for me along with Sony1080 av receiver.

I contacted 7oaks sound and vision and they have clearance sale on focal sib for 499£.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi bharath.balla,

I could do:

Kind regards

David

Hi David

I have done some research and found the focal sib 5.1.2 to best the best solution for me.

Could you please price it for me along with Sony1080 av receiver.

I contacted 7oaks sound and vision and they have clearance sale on focal sib for 499£.

Thanks
    Hi Bharath.

Unfortunately we would not have a clearance set of the Sib Evo speakers so I could not offer the £499 price. They will also not ship outside of the UK, so would not ship to Dublin.
    If you read the descriptions of the clearance Sib's on their website most of them are marked or scratched and are all ex-display units.

I could offer the following deal on the Sony STRDN1080 with the Sib Evo's at £1100.00 delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.