Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Panel Service

Options
  • 06-04-2019 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I have 3 flat box like Solar Thermal Panels on the roof providing hot water. I understand these contain an anti freeze / coolant. How much should I be paying to have the unit serviced and the liquid flushed out and replaced. Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Keyman123

It’s called glycol and should cost between 300/400 if done by a reputable company. This is just to get it replaced not flushed or serviced. Get a cert of disposable and be warned it can lead to airlocks if not done correctly so make sure they will return if this happens foc.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Thank you. I got a quote of 700 to 800 and I thought it was pretty steep . 800 euros worth of oil would heat a lot of hot water.

Advertisement