Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Live Game - The Experiment

Options
  • 05-04-2019 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to our newest Live Werewolf Game, The Experiment!

Usual WW rules apply but there will not be strict balancing. Measures are in place to ensure we get 2-4 wolves, after that no role is guaranteed to be used and duplicates are possible.

----
    Possible roles that can be randed:
    NRV - Standard villager who gets vote to kill the wolves every day.
    Seer - Chooses a player each night to learn their alignment
    Bodyguard - Chooses a player each night to protect from the wolves.
    Mad Chemist - Chooses a player each night to drink with each night, the drinking buddy chooses the red or blue potion, one is perfectly safe, the other, not so much.
    Mason - An almost NRV, who knows identity of other Masons
    Drunk - They look like a normal villager, however their sky high BAC will cause the wolves to miss their next kill if they munch the drunk.
    Harlot - Chooses a player to visit each night. If they choose to visit a wolf or the munch target, the harlot will be killed, however if the wolves try to munch the harlot, she will survive as she isn't home.
    Wild Child - Idolises another player, if this player is lynched the Wild Child will join the wolves.
    Cupid - Cupid has the ability to tie two players as lovers, if one dies, the other will soon follow, however if they are the last two players, they will win, regardless of alignment.
    Mayor - The mayors opinion holds more sway than the regular villagers, and so their vote is worth double in the lynch.
    Vigilante - The vigilante has two silver bullets they can fire during the night. If the vigilante shoots a villager with their first bullet, they will be revealed to the village.
    The Prince - If the prince is lynched, the lynch will instead fail and the princes identity revealed.

Wolf Roles:
    Wolf - The wolves choose a player to munch each morning.
    ----

Now, onto the truly experimental aspect, this game will be AMNESIA style, meaning that your initial PM WILL NOT contain your role. At any time your role could use an ability, you will receive a PM from the mods, and from there it is up to you to try to figure out your role and the roles of those around you, while also trying to catch out the wolves.

To aid players trying to figure out their roles, each will have the ability to send messages to other players during the game. These messages must be PM'd to a mod with the intended recipients name attached, and they will act as go betweens. PLAYERS CANNOT SEND MESSAGES DIRECTLY TO ONE ANOTHER.

----
    The schedule:
    6pm - Munch D1
    6.45pm - Lynch D1
    7pm - Munch D2
    7.45pm - Lynch D2
    8pm - Munch D3
    8.45pm - Lynch D3
    BREAK
    9.30pm - Munch D4
    10.15pm - Lynch D4
    10.30pm - Munch D5
    11.15 - Lynch D5
    ----

With the current player list I don't think it can go past D4 anyways so we should be wrapped up close to 10pm.

Rules:
    1. Dont cheat
    2. In the event of a lynch vote tie, the mayors vote is final, if the mayor has voted elsewhere then the player who received the last vote will be lynched.
    3. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and munch kills are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH.
    4. No abuse of other players thanks. Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.
    5. Village wins when wolves are dead. Wolves win when number of wolves matches number of remaining villagers.
    6. If you wish to contact another player during the game, you can PM me (Digital Solitude) with the player you would like to contacts name, followed by the message. Players may send a maximum of two messages per phase. If you receive a PM from anyone but me or Nigel WW regarding the game, please let me know.
    7. Some actions can only affect one player. If your action did not effect the player you chose, perhaps someone with the same role picked another player.

Any questions please pm me.

Copied most of this from an old game so if stuff doesn’t make sense I’ll clarify but its basic WW rules bar the PMs anyways

Roster:
    Katie WW
    Vernon WW
    Doris WW
    Phil WW
    Derry WW
    Angus WW
    Conor WW
    Eva WW

Lynch Form
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaOhTeuIyiv96X4x0HOm5Zhb2kzlxpf5rHo9u7JLSz5YILUA/viewform?usp=sf_link
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE USING NIGEL WW TO SEND PM's SOMETIMES

Boards has limits on PMs, 1 per minute and no more than 5 in 10 minutes so I'll be using another account to send PMs where needed, some of you received PMs from there already

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

First!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Hi Derry

Hi Eva! How you doin’?

As dawn broke, a body was found torn to pieces

Phil WW was killed

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Well that was anti-climactic for Phil

RIP Phil we’ll never forget you

Someone got the short straw this game.:(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm not Phil WW

Get talking peeps! We’ve a lynch to decide in 3/4 hour!!

Well I've decided I am not a wolf

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Well I've decided I am not a wolf

Snap!

Well if I am they must have used mind control to ascertain my vote! I presume the wolves would have had to vote?
    Eva, who did you vote for? Phil?

How do we vote for lynch. On thread? Is there take backsies?

I propose we vote for Nigel

Derry WW wrote: »
    How do we vote for lynch. On thread? Is there take backsies?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaOhTeuIyiv96X4x0HOm5Zhb2kzlxpf5rHo9u7JLSz5YILUA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Lynch code is in the PM to your boards ac, I know its awkward but its the easiest way for me afaik, you can forward the PM to your anon if you want

Katie WW wrote: »
    Snap!

Well if I am they must have used mind control to ascertain my vote! I presume the wolves would have had to vote?
    Eva, who did you vote for? Phil?

Odd post. You saying you voted for Phil?

No, I’m saying I didn’t have a vote! So I couldn’t be a wolf

Lynch code is in the PM to your boards ac, I know its awkward but its the easiest way for me afaik, you can forward the PM to your anon if you want

Sorry I did get that. Forgot when I changed logins. Can we put in placeholders? Ie, is it last vote that counts?

One does not simply vote for Phil.

EastEnders-Phil-MItchell-677157.jpg

Sorry I did get that. Forgot when I changed logins. Can we put in placeholders? Ie, is it last vote that counts?

Last vote is all that counts

No, I’m saying I didn’t have a vote! So I couldn’t be a wolf

Who said anything about votes? I didn’t even know we had votes. That’s where the oddness comes in.

• Advertisement

Not discounting that there may have been something on that. I admit (sorry Digi) to only skimming the OP.

Who said anything about votes? I didn’t even know we had votes. That’s where the oddness comes in.

If oddness were edible, i wouldn't be starvin'

If placeholders are allowed I’m going to vote for someone who hasn’t posted yet. Good chance the wolves will lay low.

There was a munch, therefore there was a vote

If I wasn’t on my phone I’d insert a homer gif here

Please assume I have

No Priest among the possible roles and no auto-Priest if Phil’s death is anything to go by. We don’t even know how many wolves. This will be tough. :(

With 7 minutes to go I am relatively happy with my placeholder vote. No inclination to change it ... so far.

Who did you vote for?
    I’m happy to cut dead wood

Actually, just realised we’re 10min past the deadline so there’s no changing now

This is tough

Actually, just realised we’re 10min past the deadline so there’s no changing now

This is tough

You can read the OP while you're waiting

• Advertisement

Sorry, it’s 6.45 not 6.30.
    Ignore my ramblings

Advertisement