If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TX-65FZ802B or LG OLED65c8PLA

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'll be in the market for a new TV in the coming weeks and am considering paying a silly amount of money for a new screen. The most I've ever paid is about €1100 so this is a big jump up. I'm looking at the below Panasonic TX-65FZ802B or the LG OLED65c8PLA as a potential buy:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203444-panasonic-tx65fz802b-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203217-lg-oled65c8pla-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I'm interested in knowing why there’s quite a difference in price between these two as they seem to be of the same spec overall and if you have an opinion of which would be the better TV.

Also, I've noticed that the price for these TV's have fluctuated all over the place over the last couple of months. Is there a chance, especially with the new models coming out soon, that these TV's will fall further over the next month or so and as a follow on from that, what would be the absolute best Boardsie price on both right now?

Regards

Paul
    Hi Hendrick.

Both are fantastic televisions but the 65C8 would be better than the 65FZ802.
    You would need to go up to the 902 to get better picture quality over the C8 range.
    At the moment the LG supports Dolby Vision the Pana does not.

Either of these two television would be very impressive and you would not be disappointed.

In this industry the pricing can change at the drop of a hat and without notice.
    It is possible that it will drop when the product being to clear when it finished but as when this will be or what the pricing might be I have no idea.
    Our price promise holds for 7 days so if the price goes down within 7 days of purchase you can call us and we would refund back the difference.

Best price on the 65C8PLA would be the already web listed price of 2699 Euro as this already makes it cheaper than the £2399 Sterling retail. (It has been this price from January and all sales from then have been at this price).
    Again on the 65FZ802 the current Euro price of 2299 Euro is already much cheaper than the £2099 sterling retail.
    (It has been this price from the start of Feb and again all sales from then have been at this price).

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi Guys,

I'll be in the market for a new TV in the coming weeks and am considering paying a silly amount of money for a new screen. The most I've ever paid is about €1100 so this is a big jump up. I'm looking at the below Panasonic TX-65FZ802B or the LG OLED65c8PLA as a potential buy:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203444-panasonic-tx65fz802b-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203217-lg-oled65c8pla-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I'm interested in knowing why there’s quite a difference in price between these two as they seem to be of the same spec overall and if you have an opinion of which would be the better TV.

Also, I've noticed that the price for these TV's have fluctuated all over the place over the last couple of months. Is there a chance, especially with the new models coming out soon, that these TV's will fall further over the next month or so and as a follow on from that, what would be the absolute best Boardsie price on both right now?

Regards

Paul
    Hi Hendrick.

You would need to go up to the 902 to get better picture quality over the C8 range.

Either of these two television would be very impressive and you would not be disappointed.

In this industry the pricing can change at the drop of a hat and without notice.
    It is possible that it will drop when the product being to clear when it finished but as when this will be or what the pricing might be I have no idea.
    Our price promise holds for 7 days so if the price goes down within 7 days of purchase you can call us and we would refund back the difference.

Best price on the 65C8PLA would be the already web listed price of 2699 Euro as this already makes it cheaper than the £2399 Sterling retail. (It has been this price from January and all sales from then have been at this price).
    Again on the 65FZ802 the current Euro price of 2099 Euro is already much cheaper than the £2099 sterling retail.
    (It has been this price from the start of Feb and again all sales from then have been at this price).

Hi,

Many thanks for that feedback.

Just one query regarding the comparability of the 2 models I provided. Would I be right in saying that the LG model I should be comparing the Panasonic to is the B8S version:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Hi Guys,

Regards

Paul
    Hi Hendrick.

Again on the 65FZ802 the current Euro price of 2299 Euro is already much cheaper than the £2099 sterling retail.

Hi,

Just one query regarding the comparability of the 2 models I provided. Would I be right in saying that the LG model I should be comparing the Panasonic to is the B8S version:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203507-lg-oled65b8s-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Hendrick.

Yes the 65B8 is closer to the FZ802 but the 802 is better.

Its like the Panasonic models come in between the LG ones.

65B8
    65FZ802
    65C8
    65FZ902

All are fantastic televisions.

Hi Guys,

Regards

Paul
    Hi Hendrick.

Again on the 65FZ802 the current Euro price of 2099 Euro is already much cheaper than the £2099 sterling retail.

Hi,

Hi Hendrick.

55B8
    55FZ802
    55C8
    55FZ902

Hi Guys,

Just one last query. In the initial response above you state that the Panasonic is £2099 sterling and €2099 euro. Is this an error as the website says €2299?

Hi Guys,

Regards

Paul
    Hi Hendrick.

Hi,

Hi Hendrick.

65B8
    65FZ802
    65C8
    65FZ902

Hi Guys,

Just one last query. In the initial response above you state that the Panasonic is £2099 sterling and €2099 euro. Is this an error as the website says €2299?
    Hey Hendrick.

I do apologise. It should have been 2299 Euro. for the Panasonic 802.
    The 2299 Euro is still much cheaper than the £2099 sterling.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for clearing that up. I really like that Panasonic but I'll probably wait until the price gets closer to the €2k mark.

Thanks for all the feedback on this.

Regards

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for clearing that up. I really like that Panasonic but I'll probably wait until the price gets closer to the €2k mark.

Regards
    No problem Hendrickp.

I'll try and keep my eye out for any price drops on these for you.

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    No problem Hendrickp.

I'll try and keep my eye out for any price drops on these for you.
    That would be great. thanks again Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mgfahy2019

Snipped by Mod

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

mgfahy2019,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - this is a commercial forum for interraction with Richersounds, not a discussion forum and the Charter sets out the guidelines for posting here it is not appropriate for Boardies to pitch in their opinion etc and I've snipped your post accordingly. A quick read of the Charter will make things clear.

Needless to say, if you're looking for advice, assistance or a quote/deal from Richersounds then you are most welcome to open a new thread for your query and fire away.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

I can do a Boardie Bank Holiday special for you to get the Euro price down to match the Sterling price at €2099 if you are interested?

If you are interested just drop me a line and we will set up a discount code for you so you can buy it at:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203444-panasonic-tx65fz802b-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

..and just input your personalised Boardie discount coed at the checkout to leave it at €2099 including shipping and our 6 year warranty ;)

Thanks as ever and keep us posted if you would like us to set that up for you?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

I can do a Boardie Bank Holiday special for you to get the Euro price down to match the Sterling price at €2099 if you are interested?

If you are interested just drop me a line and we will set up a discount code for you so you can buy it at:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203444-panasonic-tx65fz802b-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

..and just input your personalised Boardie discount coed at the checkout to leave it at €2099 including shipping and our 6 year warranty ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks so much for the offer.

If I were to buy online this afternoon how early would it be delivered?

Lastly, Would there be any issue keeping the discount code for me until Tuesday if i cant get to purchase today?

Regards

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Lastly, Would there be any issue keeping the discount code for me until Tuesday if i cant get to purchase today?

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

With the bank holiday weekend and delivery would not be until around Thursday of next week.

I'll check with John on the code staying active until Tuesday but he did mention Bank Holiday special.

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

With the bank holiday weekend and delivery would not be until around Thursday of next week.

I'll check with John on the code staying active until Tuesday but he did mention Bank Holiday special.
    Hi,

if you can let me know either way about the code I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Hendrick,

that's no problem - we are creating that code specifically for you so we will leave it live until close of business on Tuesday to give you a chance to purchase with the Boardie discount.

All you have to do is go to:

and at the checkout stage enter the code GDRSTV200€ and that will take €200 off the TV for you ( and again it still includes delivery and our 6 year warranty ;) )

Thanks again and as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks a million for that. I really appreciate it. I might even order it before then. I just want to check a few things at home in terms of where I'm putting it.

Regards Paul

Hi John,

Thanks a million for that. I really appreciate it. I might even order it before then. I just want to check a few things at home in terms of where I'm putting it.

Regards Paul
    No problem at all Hendrickp.

Hi John,

Regards Paul
    Hi Guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I just want to see if there is a way to inform the courier to not deliver before 2 o'clock as there will be no one home before then?

Regards

Hi John,

Regards Paul
    Hi Guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on this but I just want to see if there is a way to inform the courier to not deliver before 2 o'clock as there will be no one home before then?

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

Yip, we can request a delivery after 2pm for you with our courier.

Will keep my eye out for your order :)

Hi John,

Regards Paul
    Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

Thanks Kenny,

I'll put that order through within the next hour.

Thanks again for everything

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Regards Paul
    Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

Thanks Kenny,

I'll put that order through within the next hour.

Thanks again for everything
    Hey Hendrickp.

You are more than welcome.

Hi Guys,

I've just put that order through in the last few minutes. Can you confirm when you think this might be delivered and can you ensure the courier delivers after 2o'clock which ever day it is please?

Regards

Hi Guys,

I've just put that order through in the last few minutes. Can you confirm when you think this might be delivered and can you ensure the courier delivers after 2o'clock which ever day it is please?

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

The order will be shipping tomorrow and will hit our couriers sorting depot on Thursday. (Its based in Dublin).
    If we say Friday 22nd for delivery and I'll request this with our courier and also put down for after 2pm for the delivery to take place.

Again thank you very much for the order!!

Our courier will drop you a text over the next few days.

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

The order will be shipping tomorrow and will hit our couriers sorting depot on Thursday. (Its based in Dublin).
    If we say Friday 22nd for delivery and I'll request this with our courier and also put down for after 2pm for the delivery to take place.

Hi Kenny,

Friday after 2 is perfect.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Friday after 2 is perfect.

Thanks again.
    Hey Hendrickp.

I have now requested this with our courier.

I'll check again on Friday to see if I can get the time they will arrive at for you.

Hi Kenny,

I just want to bring to your attention that I received a text message from the courier confirming Friday but it states between the hours of 9.00 and 17.00. Do you think there will be any issues with getting this sent after 2?

Regards

Hi Kenny,

I just want to bring to your attention that I received a text message from the courier confirming Friday but it states between the hours of 9.00 and 17.00. Do you think there will be any issues with getting this sent after 2?

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

This is a standard text they send out as soon as they create the job. We have requested that this TV is delivered after 2pm for you and if there are any issues they will call to let you know.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the delivery.

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

This is a standard text they send out as soon as they create the job. We have requested that this TV is delivered after 2pm for you and if there are any issues they will call to let you know.

Kind regards

David
    that's great. thanks David.

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp,

Kind regards

David
    that's great. thanks David.
    No problem!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Just want to let you know that I received the TV on Friday and had it up and running on Saturday and I have to say it's a spectacular TV. A hell of an upgrade even from my 2.5 year old 4K Panasonic TV.

Just 1 query. I registered the TV on Panasonics website and it provided confirmation that my warranty is only 1 year on this TV with them. Is that correct in terms of the manufacturers warranty?? I know you guys provide a 6 year warranty but I thought Panasonics was 5.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.