Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elvis Presley to face trial.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I believe him, you lot just have Suspicious Minds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

can only assume the parents were drunk when they were picking names...

When he's in the Jailhouse, he'll be asking for the Big Hound Dog to 'Love Me Tender' and Don't Be Cruel but I think it'll be a Burning Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Elvis song title that is humorous in this context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Has to be a pikey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

His solicitor says that he's all shook up by the charges.

He had a tough upbringing in the ghetto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wheety wrote: »
    When he's in the Jailhouse, he'll be asking for the Big Hound Dog to 'Love Me Tender' and Don't Be Cruel but I think it'll be a Burning Love

There's always one that comes in too hard, too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

I'm not trying to join the Irish moan brigade, but I'm fairly surprised to see the national broadcaster descend into tabloid puns and commentary. It's a pretty horrible crime to carry out! I enjoy it in After Hours, but I was surprised to see the same on RTE.ie about a genuine and serious crime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I love the last line from the article:
    RTE wrote:
    Elvis Presley left the building pursued by press photographers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

I heard it through the grapevine.

• Advertisement

CPTM wrote: »
    I'm not trying to join the Irish moan brigade, but I'm fairly surprised to see the national broadcaster descend into tabloid puns and commentary. It's a pretty horrible crime to carry out! I enjoy it in After Hours, but I was surprised to see the same on RTE.ie about a genuine and serious crime!

What about the story about Louis Tomlinsons's sister dying and the pictures they used from her Instagram including one talking bout her strap on her top falling? I don't think RTE are a bastion of good taste. Turning into The Sun/Daily Mail chasing hits regardless of content.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0314/1036510-louis-tomlinsons-sister-felicite-found-dead-at-home/

Elvia: Are you lonesome tonight?

Cell mate: Thought you’d never ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Limerick_Dub

That was someone else's song

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If my parents had called me that, I'd probably not be the well-adjusted sane I would probably be in he same place he is. That's borderline child-abuse that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He'll be having a little less conversation and a little more action now in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,479 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see RTE has changed the great bit of craic the original story was, in the current knife culture of the UK it was in incredible bad taste, expecially for the state broadcaster, bloody joke of an organisation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

incredible bad taste,
    Is that the charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sunday Sport headline. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That Elvis was really Marvin Gaye?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That Elvis was really Marvin Gaye?

Can't be - Gaye died years ago.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RTE news has gone very tabloidy in the last year or 2. A lot of reports are riddled with silly puns and clichés.

Any report that is music related has to have "Hitting the right note" or "Striking a chord" inserted. It's been done before. Come up with something new.

Advertisement