Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingenious. Just divide nothing by 2.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

So ill thought and short sighted it is mind blowing. First Skype interviews, no this. The department are knocking this crisis out of the park.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I thought they were maintaining the line that there was no recruitment crisis??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

dory wrote: »
    I thought they were maintaining the line that there was no recruitment crisis??
    they can't deny it for the subjects mentioned in the article

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

first problem
    commute times - distance between rural schools; traffic in cities
    second problem
    teacher wellbeing in being between 2 schools - I've done it and its a tough gig as you are neither here nor there. And i was young and didn't know I was supposed to get time factored into timetable to compensate for the 20 min commute. I distinctly remember there was one day where I either ate while driving or went without anything for the day as I'd have spent the earlier break driving over to school b and lunch driving back to a
    third problem
    CP hours - how do you divide? Esp parent teacher meetings?
    and that's off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Will the unions come out and give this idea the response it deserves? There should be a campaign instructing principals not to sign up.

The department are becoming more and more of a farce. The equal pay elephant is not moving from the room lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Makes sense. Plenty of shíte 8-12 hour contracts out there, why not start mashing them together and running it off as a proper job? :rolleyes:

Starting to seem like they've a list of 1,000 half-baked ideas they'd rather run through before they'll even acknowledge the idea of equal pay, not to mind consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Trekky77 wrote: »
    Will the unions come out and give this idea the response it deserves? There should be a campaign instructing principals not to sign up.

The department are becoming more and more of a farce. The equal pay elephant is not moving from the room lads.

I think principals will just laugh this one off.

It might work in 2 close schools but there would have to be A LOT of leeway going between the 2.

...and then wait for them to inevitably sort out your incorrect paycheck....

Advertisement