Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to a different Exchange\Cabinet

Options
  • 19-02-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Our business is in a large Industrial estate. Less than 10 meters from our front door is a fibre cabinet.
    On more than one occasion in the past we have tried to get decent broadband (currently approx 5Mb) and each time and order was approved and placed for fibre.
    However when the KN engineers arrived they checked the cabinet and said we are not connected into it so they could not give us a supply.
    Is there any way to arrange for a new connection to be obtained, one which connects us to an appropriate cabinet\Exchange?
    Going through the standard channels does not seem to get us anywhere, so I hope that you can help or at least point us to whatever dept could facilitate this.

Let me know if you need Account/Location details

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

ArtyM wrote: »
    Hi
    Our business is in a large Industrial estate. Less than 10 meters from our front door is a fibre cabinet.
    On more than one occasion in the past we have tried to get decent broadband (currently approx 5Mb) and each time and order was approved and placed for fibre.
    However when the KN engineers arrived they checked the cabinet and said we are not connected into it so they could not give us a supply.
    Is there any way to arrange for a new connection to be obtained, one which connects us to an appropriate cabinet\Exchange?
    Going through the standard channels does not seem to get us anywhere, so I hope that you can help or at least point us to whatever dept could facilitate this.

Thank you
    Hi ArtyM

You would need to email FibrePower@openeir.ie and explain the situation to them.  They may be able to assist you. 

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Ok, Have sent them an email
    Hopefully will get a positive reply
    Thank you
    eir: Linzi wrote: »
    ArtyM wrote: »
    Hi

Thank you
    Hi ArtyM

You would need to email FibrePower@openeir.ie and explain the situation to them.  They may be able to assist you. 

Many thanks

~LinziOk, 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You have pretty much zero chance of getting a line moved
    Other option is order a new line and hope it gets attached to the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

fritzelly wrote: »
    You have pretty much zero chance of getting a line moved
    Other option is order a new line and hope it gets attached to the cabinet.
    Thanks Fritzelly
    Tried the new line order before and always got connected to an unsuitable cabinet
    It was a case of 'yes we can do that',  'sure, we can do that, then the Engineer would come out and say 'No, we cant do that'.

Advertisement