Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion, Part Trois

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

"Pro-Life" Zealots busy protesting in Kilkenny over the weekend

472767.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

"Adoption is the option" always makes me laugh.

If it was really the option how come so many pro-life women have secretly had abortions? Why not just stay pregnant and give the baby up?

Their logic is genuinely bottom-of-the-barrel stuff and that is not an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

They are scum of the earth.
    There are no words to adequately describe how much it disgusts and angers me to see those self entitled, ignorant busybodies giving themselves the authority to push their message on the general public who are simply trying to visit their GP, never mind access abortion services.

It just goes to show they have no actual interest in helping vulnerable pregnant women, all they care about is forcing their moral code onto everyone.

If only they put as much effort into supporting women having crisis pregnancies and actually "Loving Both" as they do into scheming, deceiving and hassling the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But remember, we're told that they don't intimidate or harass anyone.
    These guys must be some more of those outliers who don't really count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Use your third eye, it's obviously a false flag by (((soy-pushing globalists))).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Bredabe

'Adoption is the option' lady seems to want to anywhere but there!
    Maybe someone should ask the guards to do a welfare check on her, while quietly moving them along, ie far away.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bredabe wrote: »
    'Adoption is the option' lady seems to want to anywhere but there!
    Maybe someone should ask the guards to do a welfare check on her, while quietly moving them along, ie far away.

Is that a woman??

Is that a woman??
    I thought so at first glance, esp as the blonde(f) person from the other photo's isn't visible.

Bredabe wrote: »
    I thought so at first glance, esp as the blonde(f) person from the other photo's isn't visible.

ah, i didn't realise there were other photos. I've only seen the one posted here.

ah, i didn't realise there were other photos. I've only seen the one posted here.
    I saw another one of these ppl, then there were I think ten ppl in all, mostly men.

That said it could have been self-reference criteria either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,219 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

There's another one on FB:
    2dc7fbq.jpg

I think the 'piano teacher' who brought one of the frivolous lawsuits against the repeal and showed up at the hospital in Drogheda was there, too. Second from left. So, there's some coordination going on. The FB thread's an amusing read, the locals are planning on boycotting shops owned by some of the 'protestors,' none of whom are local to the area.

Also, this protest was on Saturday, the medical facility is closed then but used for kids classes. Nice, huh? Waving anti-woman placards to children. Losers.

Also I like how we were told by the anti-abortionists on this thread that the majority of their side weren't religious types, yet there's a big picture of Mary being held up with the signs.

King Mob wrote: »
    Also I like how we were told by the anti-abortionists on this thread that the majority of their side weren't religious types, yet there's a big picture of Mary being held up with the signs.

Ah now in fairness only one of them is holding up a picture of mary. You can't be tarring them all with the same brush.

Ah now in fairness only one of them is holding up a picture of mary. You can't be tarring them all with the same brush.
    It is being held by the lady in black in the first one.
    They might have one, but it's getting passed around.

It is being held by the lady in black in the first one.
    They might have one, but it's getting passed around.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Guy on the far-right must be counting his lucky stars that he's only in Graiguenamanagh and not Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    [...] protesting in Kilkenny over the weekend

472767.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Igotadose wrote: »
    There's another one on FB:
    2dc7fbq.jpg

I think the 'piano teacher' who brought one of the frivolous lawsuits against the repeal and showed up at the hospital in Drogheda was there, too. Second from left. So, there's some coordination going on. The FB thread's an amusing read, the locals are planning on boycotting shops owned by some of the 'protestors,' none of whom are local to the area.

Also, this protest was on Saturday, the medical facility is closed then but used for kids classes. Nice, huh? Waving anti-woman placards to children. Losers.

you mean anti-abortion placards surely?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

robindch wrote: »
    Guy on the far-right must be counting his lucky stars that he's only in Graiguenamanagh and not Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

If they ever protest in Muff someone is going to have a meme field day.

you mean anti-abortion placards surely?

Nope the your mum chose life one supports the original post you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

an individual or a couple of individuals holding a picture of mary doesn't disprove the statement though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

an individual or a couple of individuals holding a picture of mary doesn't disprove the statement though.

I wasnt a million miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭volchitsa

That's unfair, we all know these prolife groups are so secular you could cut yourself on them if you weren't careful. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

No, but here’s studies indicating that the vast majority of pro-life people are in fact actively practicing religious individuals.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/views-about-abortion/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/162548/americans-misjudge-abortion-views.aspx

What more proof do you need, seriously?

What more proof do you need, seriously?
    I could do with endoftheroad backing up the statement with something other than his own authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I could do with endoftheroad backing up the statement with something other than his own authority.

End o’s feelings and beliefs trump facts, he’s almost dogmatic in his ignorance and refusal to acknowledge facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

that'd be a miracle :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

You could, I could, we all could.

Despite repeated complaints, feedback threads, pm's to mods/admins etc.... eotr is allowed to behave this way site wide.

Some kind of special protections.

....... wrote: »
    Despite repeated complaints, feedback threads, pm's to mods/admins etc.... eotr is allowed to behave this way site wide.
    And there's a process outlined here which deals with posters who make repeated unsubstantiated claims.

If posters find the posting style of another poster not to their liking, the first poster can simply put the second one on 'ignore' and tranquility will return once again to the first poster's screenspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

robindch wrote: »
    And there's a process outlined here which deals with posters who make repeated unsubstantiated claims.

It doesnt though, it gets talked about but nothing gets done.

If posters find the posting style of another poster not to their liking, the first poster can simply put the second one on 'ignore' and tranquility will return once again to the first poster's screenspace.

Until such time as the 2nd posters posts/lies are quoted by a 3rd party poster.

• Advertisement

It doesnt though, it gets talked about but nothing gets done.
    If the process is followed, then yes, it gets done.

I shouldn't need to point out that the process isn't complicated, but almost nobody's been able to follow it - heavens! - here it is again. Find a link to a claim, find a link to a request to substantiate that claim, find a link to whatever substantiation (or none) which has been provided after a few days, put all three links into an PM and send it off for adjudication. So far, memory suggests that just one poster was able to follow this process. Frankly, it's using a sledgehammer to crack an eggshell as posters should be able to do this stuff themselves without needing moderator intervention, but hey, that's our job!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement