Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis question.

Options
  • 20-01-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Does anybody know if the 30-08 model Avensis liftback/hatchback was imported officially into Ireland or are all of them UK imports?
    I'm looking to buy a decent size hatchback with low mileage (needle in a haystack I know but I'm in no panic) I would like one of these for their size and reliability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They sold them here, but generally only in base Aura trim in 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0D with the diesel being the most common but still rare. They were €700 more than a saloon here so most people didn’t bother.

They also did a 1,8 Luna liftback but again these are rare.

Nothing wrong with getting a UK one. You’re more likely to find a good one than you are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭naulpolan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They sold them here, but generally only in base Aura trim in 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0D with the diesel being the most common but still rare. They were €700 more than a saloon here so most people didn’t bother.

They also did a 1,8 Luna liftback but again these are rare.

Nothing wrong with getting a UK one. You’re more likely to find a good one than you are here.

That’s true. I wouldn’t have any problem with an import. I am looking at one on dd and the owner claims that it is an Irish car but I was told by a mechanic that they were never imported in here and to beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

I thought they were not available here as well but i based that on any hatchbacks you see were all imports neighbour has an 08 one and it's the opposite in the uk rarely seen saloon one's then hatchbacks are very popular and practical

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Forgot to add few years ago friend was looking one and the amount of them both Irish and uk that had been clocked was startling got an honest one in the end was an import though in a private sale but we had looked at a lot of dodgy one's

naulpolan wrote: »
    That’s true. I wouldn’t have any problem with an import. I am looking at one on dd and the owner claims that it is an Irish car but I was told by a mechanic that they were never imported in here and to beware.

Your mechanic is definately wrong in this case. Stick a link up and I’ll tell you if it’s an import.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Your mechanic is definately wrong in this case. Stick a link up and I’ll tell you if it’s an import.

It’s this one.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20802456

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's an Irish car and the seller has another car for sale too.

It’s Irish as they didn’t do a 1.6 Avensis in the UK.

Seller appears to be Russian. Not that that means anything, just comes up in Irish Russian language newspaper selling cars.

Just be wary that this is a probably a casual trader flipping cars with likely no knowledge of the car or its history.

Thanks for that guys. I'm not too sure about this anymore. It's nearly impossible to get anything genuine for the sub €5000 price range.

Advertisement