Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best car dealers in Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 10-01-2019 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Looking at buying a used car and have been told that you can buy high spec cars up north for good prices. In the market a German saloon, no more than four years old.

Who are good car dealerships that sell cars with VRT included? Or are their any dealers in Leinster that sell high spec cars?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I don’t think any NI dealer will sell you a car with VRT included. Sure they can estimate it but will be working off same software as you.

Couple of great dealers I’ve dealt with.

SJ Davidson
    Moyway Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pea be

SJ Davidson
    Moyway Motors.

... and when in the Dungannon area, try Gerry McVeigh Motors. I believe they supply quite a few cars into RoI, to the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Bavarian BMW are very professional, nice pastries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anyone deal with Charles Hurst?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mad_maxx wrote: »

which one, they have a shedload of locations selling everything from Dacias to Ferraris?

They do sell into the republic, think they have some locations around Dublin as well. https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/used-cars/roi/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

which one, they have a shedload of locations selling everything from Dacias to Ferraris?

They do sell into the republic, think they have some locations around Dublin as well. https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/used-cars/roi/

I only know of two in Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pea be

Bought a car from them years ago. No issues. They were locally owned then, but had a reputation for being expensive for service prices.

Looked at a couple of cars 2 years ago in Hursts. We were quite keen on one, and wanted a think before doing the deal. But there was a very pushy young sales boy .... who then handed us over to an even more pushy manager - and he was really trying to force a sale there and then without much give ... and pretty much wouldn't take no for an answer. Put us right of. The car wasn't that clean ( as in it had a few scrapes and tatty inside) and was a basic spec.
    Decided to escape, and actually found a similar motor but top of the range, less miles but older and in immaculate condition. Did the deal that very afternoon as they were keen to negotiate and agreed a much better price than Hursts.

One positive about Hursts is that they have a huge stock in Belfast.

If in Belfast, there are a lot if dealers on the Boucher road, where one of Hursts' complex is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Bought a car from Michael in Eniskillen, absolute gent and a few months later I had a common VW warranty issue which he handled personally with his contacts and while waiting for the car to be fixed. He brought me to his family home and shared coffee with his family.

Highly recommend him.

https://www.autoireland.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I only know of two in Northern Ireland

Click, that's a whole load of dealerships

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

pea be wrote:
    ... and when in the Dungannon area, try Gerry McVeigh Motors. I believe they supply quite a few cars into RoI, to the trade.

Bought of gerry. Very nice to deal with and top quality cars. Car wasnt clean when i looked at it and it needed new discs breaks tyres and a service. When i collected it was like a brand new car and a **** load saved compared to here so id recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As said the Boucher Road in Belfast has a good number of dealers on the same stretch - Charles Hurst, Agnews VW & Seat, Stewart Skoda, TrustFord, Donnelly Honda, etc. Boucher Road is very easy to get to from the A1/M1 too if your coming from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Expensive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Morgan Cars near Newry if you genuinely want a top spec car. Otherwise, just search Autotrader, CarsNI etc

Remember, your buying the car, not the dealership. Warranty may or may not be given as you will be exporting the car.

Sometimes a bad dealer will have a good car and a good dealer will have a bad car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kceire wrote: »
    Morgan Cars near Newry if you genuinely want a top spec car. Otherwise, just search Autotrader, CarsNI etc

Remember, your buying the car, not the dealership. Warranty may or may not be given as you will be exporting the car.

Sometimes a bad dealer will have a good car and a good dealer will have a bad car.

That guy stocks some cars!

From £4k to £104k:eek:

Some beauties though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

My family run a car business and deal with a lot of ROI customers, many more in recent years than previously. As said, VRT can't be 'included' as such - we've been asked this many times and even if it can somehow be absorbed into the finance payments. It's a tax which has to be paid post-purchase once the car has been ROI registered, so can't be done as part of the initial deal.

A personal loan (as opposed to finance) would be the only workaround of sorts, this could be taken out for the total sum and then the car and VRT payments made separately from that lump sum.

Advertisement