Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing customer and cashback

Options
  • 13-11-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I wonder is there any cashback available for existing customers?
    You call them switching bonus, so I suppose it's for new ones.

What's the case with existing customer switching a supply previously with different company?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

padyjoe wrote: »
    What's the case with existing customer switching a supply previously with different company?
    Thank you!
    Hi padyjoe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Customers can switch to any provider they wish, once their contract has expired.

All Electric Ireland customers with direct debit receive a 5% saving off the electricity units used on every bill, whether their contract has ended or not (these savings do not expire) or 8% off electricity and gas each if they have both.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thanks Una!

I might have been too general. I've eletricity with you (contract expired) and gas elsewhere. If I brought the gas service to you, could I avail your switching bonus? (I suppose not because I'm a customer of yours already.)
    I saw your 5% or 8% savings for existing customers but those have been calculated with the national average and my usage way below that, so those percentages become very small when it comes to my total.

Hi padyjoe,

Thanks for your post - we're happy to advise.

Yes, you could avail of a bonus for switching your gas supply to Electric Ireland and paying bills by direct debit. Just see the following page on the Electric Ireland website.

Best regards,
    Una

Thanks Una!

Sorry for going to too elaborate, the switcher page throws up €150 for adding the gas as existing customer. When logged in, my account offers me extra 3% only. It's a different page though, it's the usual account layout.

The reason why I'm double checking this: if eligible for cashback, EE comes out on top, if not I'd lose money if I stayed with EE. Thank you!

It's not an error on your page then and a current electricity account holder is considered as a new customer in relation to gas switching?

Hi padyjoe,

The Electric Ireland Sales department are the best people to speak to in relation to switching bonus and bill savings for your gas supply.

They can be contacted on sales@electricireland.ie and the quickest way to get in touch with them is by phone, 1850 30 50 90. They are open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Thanks again!

It appears that my gas account in a mess after switching over. I wonder it takes time to settle down? My old one used to be a PAYG, it pay monthly now.

Thanks!

Hi padyjoe,

We would need to review the account to advise - if you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth, we will have all we require to review it as soon as possible.

Please also include a summary of your query in the message.

Thanks,
    Una

Hi,

I'm about to switch again, the gas from you (as for some reason my selected supplier wasn't able transfer from EE), the electricity is not, the previous just out of contract, the latter has been for a year because the mentioned reason.
    My question stands again: can I avail any cashbacks with you as an existing customer by signing up for dual fuel? Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi padyjoe, 

If you're a gas only customer, you can get €350 for switching your electricity as well. You can sign up here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement