Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Years of Problems

Options
  • 18-07-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,

There has been an issue with my 3 Mobile account which is now ongoing for 2 years. Anyone calling my phone gets a message saying that the number cannot be reached. The number must be called up to 10 times before getting through.
    I have brought this issue up with 3 mobile over the past two years through email, chat, phone and calling in to the store. However, the issue remains unresolved. This is despite changing phones in the interim, so the problem is not with the handset.

I now have a new issue involving data usage:

Last month I received a text from 3 Mobile saying that I had exceeded my data allowance by more than €2. I then received a text saying that I had used €120 of extra data!!!
    At the time I was using a poor WiFi network and suspected that the extra was due to WiFi dropping without me realising it.
    Since then I have moved to a different and far more reliable WiFi network. Despite this, I received another text this month saying that I had exceeded my data allowance by more than €2, so I began turning off mobile data entirely when not in WiFi range. However, I have now received a text saying that I have spent almost €200 of extra data.
    I have not changed the way I browse the internet and do not watch an excessive amount of video anyway.
    I have been religiously turning off mobile data when away from WiFi
    It has been confirmed that the WiFi network is functioning correctly.

As with the previous issue, I have brought this up with 3 Mobile by phone and chat, but have received no satisfactory response.

Can anyone please help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Where are you based? Any Chance you are switching to NI networks? Should not be charging now based on new rules but you never know

Is your device configured to the correct APN etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭GBX

This would still be a separate issue. Post this in the 3 talk to forum here and chat to the reps. Its not unusual for people receiving high bills based on data and it can be resolved somehow. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

How old is your sim card did anyone in the shop or on the phone even ask this.. if your sim is over 18 months old thats your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lambkins

Where are you based? Any Chance you are switching to NI networks? Should not be charging now based on new rules but you never know

Is your device configured to the correct APN etc?

Hi. Thanks for replying and sorry about the slow response.

I'm in Dublin and haven't been out of the country during the 2 year period.

I've never gone near the APN settings on either of the devices i've been using. Of the many, many solutions offered by 3 over the past couple of years, this wasn't one of them.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    How old is your sim card did anyone in the shop or on the phone even ask this.. if your sim is over 18 months old thats your problem

Hi. Thanks for replying and sorry about the slow response.

I've had a new SIM card during this time, so don't think it's the issue.

As I've said, I've called into 3 stores on numerous occasions and they haven't solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

Is there any chance your using an iPhone and have WiFi Assist enabled. I think its enabled by default and would use Mobile Data to supplement any Wi-fi connection issues or slowness. If you are on iPhone, check Settings/Mobile Data, down near the bottom "Wi-fi Assist". If its an Android phone just check your data and wi-fi settings.

Advertisement