Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-09-2018, 22:24   #211
JJJJNR

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...ng-for-clients
Advertisement
13-09-2018, 22:30   #212
valoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsong View Post
I will send you a message in 5 years from today.
Buy vechain now. You can thank me then

https://giphy.com/gifs/javier-mascherano-mKHqYw83SCa08
(4) thanks from:
14-09-2018, 00:33   #213
Aongus Von Bismarck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tetrarch View Post
Before the great Wall Street crash on 1929 one investor realised it was time to sell up when the shoe-shine boy on the way to work gave him share tips while shining his shoes.

Funny you should mention this. It was a very similar situation which led me to offload the crypto I had in November.

A particularly grungy looking IT worker in our place was in my office installing a new dual monitor for me. A very unkempt member of staff who wouldn't be known for his great wit or mental prowess. You know the type, in to metal music, greasy goatee, hobbies include flying drones and uploading the footage to YouTube. Anyway, I saw he was checking the price of bitcoin. I was quite taken aback as I reckoned the last time this chap had been involved in finance was when he was collecting the German equivalent of Sammy squirrel saving stamps.

He told me how he was going to get out of this "rat race", how he was now a crypto day trader, how his coins were going to moon and he was going to be driving a lambo. The idiot actually tried to mock Herr Bismarcks beamer as being below him.

It was at that moment I decided to immediately sell me bitcoin. I've outlined in my last post what I spent my modest profit on.

Needless to say, Torben, the slouched shouldered IT grunt still scrambles under my desk to fix the cables or whatever it is those IT gargoyles do for a living.
14-09-2018, 02:11   #214
dotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aongus Von Bismarck View Post
It was at that moment I decided to immediately sell me bitcoin.
Oh no, Aongus!

Please tell me you haven't accidentally revealed your true self to be an uncouth, uneducated, lower class bogger!!!
14-09-2018, 08:38   #215
who what when

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsman View Post
Oh no, Aongus!

Please tell me you haven't accidentally revealed your true self to be an uncouth, uneducated, lower class bogger!!!
Complete with bootcut jeans and red face!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 08:40   #216
Irish Kings

Quote:
The idiot actually tried to mock Herr Bismarcks beamer as being below him.
I'm not surprised they are as common as a Dacia in Germany.
14-09-2018, 09:34   #217
JJJJNR

Quote:
The idiot actually tried to mock Herr Bismarcks beamer as being below him.

how many depreciating assets are you sitting on now, paintings, holiday homes, beemers,

Nice guy
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 09:43   #218
Vox Nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Inflation-adjusted, it's 5-10% down on September 2013 and hasn't been recovering in any way in that time, just slowly trickling downward.
I don't think you know what you're talking about when you claim that the value of gold "hasn't been recovering in any way" in the past five years. Between December 2015 and July 2016, the price of gold rose from $1,069 to $1,360, which is a 27% increase. Something that goes up 27% in seven months isn't "slowly trickling downward."

The price of gold was also higher in April 2018 than it was in September 2013.

Quote:
This is just a correction on the major gold bubble that existed in the wake of the financial crisis.
The major correction in gold prices happened between September 2012 and July 2013. Not over the past five years.
14-09-2018, 15:22   #219
JohnnyFlash

http://pngicentral.org/reports/govt-...urrency-gamble

Yet more news from the bizarre world of cryptocurrencies. The desperate Government of Papua New Guinea have decided to create a Special Economic Zone in the country/ This will be governed, managed and operated by a US crypto start-up. They will have the authority to issue passports, try people before courts, and basically operate as a semi-autonomous country.

The company is called Ledger Atlas, with the atlas being a nod to one of the unreadable works of libertarian oddball, Ayn Rand. The links between crypto and libertarian extremism are well documented.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Politics-Bi.../dp/1517901804

I’m conflicted here. We should be appalled, if not surprised , that this is taking place. These repugnant and morally vacuous crypto vultures swooped in on Puerto Rico following the hurricane, and attempted to establish some sort of crypto haven for the criminals and chancers who made money during the bubble. Thankfully the people of PR have started to recognise that nothing good can come from having these creeps on their island. Venezuela is also overran with them. But it would be good for humanity if all these libertarians decided to move to PNG and operate their own little individualist John Galt style ‘paradise’.

Last edited by JohnnyFlash; 14-09-2018 at 15:28.
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 18:44   #220
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIGOLO View Post
And if you believe all of that , then you probably havent been paying attention to the financial markets for the short but brief history of this millenium ....
In 2003, I started investing. In 2008, I needed somewhere to live, so I cashed in and my profits helped towards a deposit on an apartment. I suffered a bit with the fall in value of the apartment, but that was ok, I was living in it.

I started investing again on 2009. I needed a bigger place, and in 2016 cashed in and again the investing profits helped out with a deposit on a house.

Not sure how my experience of this millenium's markets ties in with your statement.
15-09-2018, 15:37   #221
RIGOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGaggs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIGOLO View Post
And if you believe all of that , then you probably havent been paying attention to the financial markets for the short but brief history of this millenium ....
In 2003, I started investing. In 2008, I needed somewhere to live, so I cashed in and my profits helped towards a deposit on an apartment. I suffered a bit with the fall in value of the apartment, but that was ok, I was living in it.

I started investing again on 2009. I needed a bigger place, and in 2016 cashed in and again the investing profits helped out with a deposit on a house.

Not sure how my experience of this millenium's markets ties in with your statement.
Im not sure how your post , ties into my statement...
15-09-2018, 18:45   #222
partyjungle

Its gonna worth loads. I know which yacht I'm gonna be buying.

https://www.ccn.com/crypto-market-ca..._source=hodler
17-09-2018, 22:16   #223
JohnnyFlash

Bad news emerging in the world of crypto today. Proof of work just isn’t working. Morally repugnant as well.
18-09-2018, 15:29   #224
Woke Hogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Bad news emerging in the world of crypto today. Proof of work just isn’t working. Morally repugnant as well.
What are you referring to?
20-11-2018, 10:24   #225
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Bitcoin (in fact all coins) on a sharp downward slide since last week, heaviest losses started over the weekend and are still dropping.

If you bought into Bitcoin in the last 12 months, you are now running at a loss.

What's worse is that nobody really knows why.

Sell now, get out while you can.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion