Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to buy a match ticket at a stadium 2000km away ?

• 23-08-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Online purchase is not possible (no fan id)

Tickets are going on general sale from tomorrow

I have flights and accommodation booked

The match is on Wednesday in Salzburg

Would uber driver or local take away driver be willing to do it ?

Any suggestions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Bykobap

Not online though, at the stadium only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not sure how accurate this is but last season they had an average attendance of less than 8k in a stadium that holds over 30k with no sold out matches

https://www.transfervymarkt.co.uk/bundesliga/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/A1/saison_id/2017/plus/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can you not just get one on the day?
    On match days there is an additional €2.00 match day surcharge due on full-price and reduced price tickets.

In their last Champions League game at the start of August there was only 10k at the match and as Collie says capacity is over 30k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Did you get a ticket in the end?

Salzburg should have been out of sight, they'll be kicking themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Match sold out according to the ORF match report. Around 9,000 Red Star fans attended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Bykobap

What a match.
    I follow Red Star whenever and wherever i can.
    Big fan.
    Salzburg was toying with us.
    When we scored our first goal for 2:1 i thought feck off with that carry on, no need for that. Hoping to score one more was not in the script the way Salzburg was dominating every aspect of the game.
    And sure enough within few seconds we scored again.
    The joy was unreal, south stand packed with seven odd thousand fans erupted into delirium of noise and motion.
    Last 20 minutes were agonizingly slow and certainly not enjoyable.
    As good as it gets for an away fixture.

Anyway i had no ticket for the match.
    As i came of the bus in Salzburg i immediately met some Red Star supporters and struck gold.
    They sold me a ticket for 50 euros.
    Didn't realize at the time it was fake.
    Very bad copy indeed.
    Bastards.

Went over to check in to my hostel and bartender confirmed it was fake.
    He shared this story with some other Red Star supporters who were in beer garden and would you Adam and believe it they had a spare.

I was sorted and careless beer drinking commenced.

Many fans were left outside of the stadium begging for a ticket.

Thank feck it wasn't me.

Looking forward to the draw now from Munich beer garden.

Advertisement