Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epoxy Resin - Classes, Courses, Artists

Options
  • 21-07-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm looking to do a class/course in resin (I'm not fussy on the type, although I'm guessing the easiest would be jewellery). Anyone know anyone around Dublin or possibly Cork who would do such a course or might consider taking on a prt time apprentice even? I'm very interested but have no experience and am finding it hard to even know where to start. Online tutorials are great but I learn best by being in a classroom environment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NerdyD

Hi, I'm also new here :)

Working with resin is quite tricky until you make a few mistakes and learn from them, and with every batch you make you get better and better. I taught myself to work with resin, jewelry ofc...watched a few youtube tutorials, read some blogs and finally bought my first box of resin, some molds and rolled up my sleeves...and it was messy and sticky :)
    All it takes are interest, patience and some good will, you obviously have those.
    Perhaps instead of paying someone for a course for already quite a pricey hobby, you could try and make a thing or two on your own. It's really not that complicated. And when you do that, you'll discover that the possibilities are endless, it's so fun. If you'd like feel free to contact me and I'll try and help you with the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fyza Dublin 18

Hi,

I know it's been 3 years since your last post here but did you have any luck finding resin art tutors? Is there anyone here in Dublin who offers to teach epoxy resin art. I have a keen interest in learning and I think it's crucial to know where to start and what I need, also where to get the supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

You can try talking to the people at RPM in Dublin, they sell a really nice resin "ArtResin" and I've always found them very helpful. Youtube is a great source of information.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I know someone who works in the film industry as a prosthetics technician who may be able to help you out.

http://www.moatebusinesscollege.com/testimonialsjm2016.html

https://www.facebook.com/Johnny-Murphy-Sculpture-and-Prosthetic-MUFX-103640186842749/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

New addition to the family, thanks to Johnny.:)
    My own wood work is slowly moving into second place;)

457828.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement