Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-07-2018, 19:53   #1
DeusVolt
Banned
 
DeusVolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 23
Retro Game Shop - North Main Street, Cork

Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.
DeusVolt is offline  
Advertisement
06-07-2018, 15:58   #2
Doge
Registered User
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cork
Posts: 7,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVolt View Post
Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.
Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.

One of the relatives or friends of the owners had a shop on the other side of the street and had as small selection of games but it was nothing like the stock games Mania had.
Doge is offline  
15-07-2018, 22:00   #3
bipedal
Registered User
 
bipedal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Tipperary Town
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.
If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?
bipedal is offline  
16-07-2018, 00:55   #4
Doge
Registered User
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cork
Posts: 7,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipedal View Post
If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?
Even though the RAGE gets a bad wrap on here from time to time I found their prices more reasonable than games mania.

There's been a few places you could pick up games for a reasonable price in Dublin, some sellers are gone now I think.

The other members on here would be able to eloborate more.
Doge is offline  
Thanks from:
16-07-2018, 14:02   #5
Shapey Fiend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,642
When you have to pay city centre rent, rates, insurance and wages wouldn't be surprised shop prices would be 2x what online prices are. Wouldn't like to be in retail in general at the moment.
Shapey Fiend is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet