Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-07-2018, 19:53   #1
DeusVolt
Banned

Retro Game Shop - North Main Street, Cork

Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.
Advertisement
06-07-2018, 15:58   #2
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVolt View Post
Was wondering if this place is still open North Main Street? I was in there about 3/4 years ago around Christmas time and remember the place being packed with a huge queue. Haven't around those parts in a while so do not know if it is still going.
Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.

One of the relatives or friends of the owners had a shop on the other side of the street and had as small selection of games but it was nothing like the stock games Mania had.
15-07-2018, 22:00   #3
bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Games Mania closed down unfortunately but all their stuff was really overpriced.
If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?
16-07-2018, 00:55   #4
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipedal View Post
If I can hijack this to ask a question: are there any shops where the stuff *isn't* really overpriced? Or are those days over?
Even though the RAGE gets a bad wrap on here from time to time I found their prices more reasonable than games mania.

There's been a few places you could pick up games for a reasonable price in Dublin, some sellers are gone now I think.

The other members on here would be able to eloborate more.
Thanks from:
16-07-2018, 14:02   #5
Shapey Fiend

When you have to pay city centre rent, rates, insurance and wages wouldn't be surprised shop prices would be 2x what online prices are. Wouldn't like to be in retail in general at the moment.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion