If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House time for a new TV

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm moving house July 20th.  Ive purchased the Dennon av2400 and monitor audio ceiling speakers for the new house's sitting room from you guys.  Finally get to plug them in and unpack soon.

Im upgrading from a Samsung 40m86 which has been a fantastic TV and still looks really good, its now 10 years old and still going strong it will go to the kids room.

My criteria for a new TV would be 55"+  It will be wall mounted with a east facing window on the opposite side of it.
    Would be used 70% for TV Shows and Movies from Bluray/DVD. Rest is normal TV Saorview and Freesat.   I use a PC running Linux and TVHeadend for this.
    We really like our scifi, the one problem with the current tv in dark scenes we get glare of the ceiling lights not sure whether thats caused by the glossy screen
    I'd also like the TV to be able to have applications such as netflix and amazon and it would be critical that it can send the Dolby Atmos signal back to the AMP for the speakers.
    I really like the look and price of the new hisense TV's the 55u7a I think.

Can you let me know whether that TV would meet that criteria if it doesn't could you recommend what does.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm moving house July 20th.  Ive purchased the Dennon av2400 and monitor audio ceiling speakers for the new house's sitting room from you guys.  Finally get to plug them in and unpack soon.

Im upgrading from a Samsung 40m86 which has been a fantastic TV and still looks really good, its now 10 years old and still going strong it will go to the kids room.

My criteria for a new TV would be 55"+  It will be wall mounted with a east facing window on the opposite side of it.
    Would be used 70% for TV Shows and Movies from Bluray/DVD. Rest is normal TV Saorview and Freesat.   I use a PC running Linux and TVHeadend for this.
    We really like our scifi, the one problem with the current tv in dark scenes we get glare of the ceiling lights not sure whether thats caused by the glossy screen
    I'd also like the TV to be able to have applications such as netflix and amazon and it would be critical that it can send the Dolby Atmos signal back to the AMP for the speakers.

Can you let me know whether that TV would meet that criteria if it doesn't could you recommend what does.
    Hi Psygnosis,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have been having a look at your critical criteria of being able to put Dolby Atmos through the ARC channel and a TV would have to be equipped with eARC for this feature. I have been having a look for this specification on Hisense website but can't find it. It does say they have 2 x HDMI 2.2 inputs however this is for HDCP2.2 which is more for image. I would need to do a bit more research and see what TVs will support this feature and get back to you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi,

Hi Psygnosis,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have been having a look at your critical criteria of being able to put Dolby Atmos through the ARC channel and a TV would have to be equipped with eARC for this feature. I have been having a look for this specification on Hisense website but can't find it. It does say they have 2 x HDMI 2.2 inputs however this is for HDCP2.2 which is more for image. I would need to do a bit more research and see what TVs will support this feature and get back to you.

Kind regards

David
    I've done some research this on myself and it seems the only TV that does it are the lg oleds which are way out of my budget.
    I think I'll more than likely get an Apple TV 4k when the atmos update comes out for it.
    Very small list of actually what will do ATMOS.
    Can you recommend a TV so based on the criteria above.  I'll take care of the ATMOS part myself as it's very limited on what can do it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Psygnosis,

if you wanted to keep the budget reasonable have you looked at the LG 55SJ810 - its now just €699 including shipping and our 6 year warranty:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203214-lg-55sj810v.aspx?swapstore=1

Alternatively of course the 55U7 looks great at the same price, the picture quality perhaps even pipping the LG SJ810 but the OS on the LG is pretty fantastic!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John
    Thanks for the recommendation have being researching the LG 810v over the last couple of days and it does seem to tick all the boxes alright.
    The more I read the more I realize we will definitely need something that has wide viewing angles so more than likely IPS screen that the lg has.
    Do you have any other models that you could recommend that would have wide viewing angles.  Just so I could compare before making my mind up.

The lg 810v is last years model but still stands up today.... a bit more to think about.

Hi John
    Thanks for the recommendation have being researching the LG 810v over the last couple of days and it does seem to tick all the boxes alright.
    The more I read the more I realize we will definitely need something that has wide viewing angles so more than likely IPS screen that the lg has.
    Do you have any other models that you could recommend that would have wide viewing angles.  Just so I could compare before making my mind up.

The lg 810v is last years model but still stands up today.... a bit more to think about.
    Hi Psygnosis,

The Panasonics have very wide viewing angles as well so something like the TX58EX700 at £649 would be a great one to look at as well.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David and Mark,
    Thanks for all the advice and patience.
    Im now leaning towards the mu7000. https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx
    Can you tell me how viewing angles would be at 30 degrees from a couch along a side wall looking at the TV at top of the room.  
    The MU7000 gets excellent reviews from what I've read.  I think its worth the extra couple of quid.

Hi David and Mark,
    Im now leaning towards the mu7000. https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx
    Can you tell me how viewing angles would be at 30 degrees from a couch along a side wall looking at the TV at top of the room.  
    The MU7000 gets excellent reviews from what I've read.  I think its worth the extra couple of quid.
    Hi Psygnosis.

The 55MU7000 is a cracking television and one of our most popular.

In my opinion it is worth the extra few pounds.

Viewing angle at 30 degrees is totally fine.

Stock is selling up fast on these with under 30 left company wide.

Hi David and Mark,
    Hi Psygnosis.

Just put my order through online.  Looking forward to it wont get to unbox though untill the end of the month ;-)

Hi David and Mark,
    Hi Psygnosis.

Just put my order through online.  Looking forward to it wont get to unbox though untill the end of the month ;-)
    Thanks for the order Psygnosis :D

I'll have it processed and it will ship tomorrow. Our courier will then drop you a message via text to confirm up delivery times.

Hi Guys,
    Going to be away from Thursday evening so may be better holding it till next week if thats ok

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    Going to be away from Thursday evening so may be better holding it till next week if thats ok
    Hi Psygnosis.

That is no problem at all.

I will have it sent from our main warehouse and then held in our cage at our couriers Dublin sorting depot.

What day next week would suit you?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.