Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPREAD THE WORD TO PARENTS & GUARDIANS

Options
  • 20-06-2018 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Those lucky enough to be in charge of young felas n young wans,really should ensure their charges read this and get themselves a Child Leap card....NOW !

https://about.leapcard.ie/kids-go-free

Free Travel from 2nd to the 15th July :)

As they say themselves......Spread the word! ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I still know nothing about this LEAP card really.. for some reason I have a mental block with this cap idea?

I very rarely use public transport anymore, but do occasionally (like maybe once or twice a quarter) use a LUAS into town. I may also shortly have occasion to use a Commuter line train (possibly a bit more often for a while).

Is there any point for someone like me, or should I just stick with cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Cap" idea?

I'm the same, rarely use public transport. But I find I have cash less and less often, even the change jar in the house is pretty sparse, so on those few occasions trying to - 1. Find out how much the bus is, and 2. scrape that together - I've found the Leap card much handier.

Initially it was kind of stupid - you could top-up online but had to "collect" your top-up from a shop or train station. That's no help when you're on your way to the bus stop. But now you can use NFC on your phone to top-up the card directly. So I have one that I use relatively infrequently but it's so handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I still know nothing about this LEAP card really.. for some reason I have a mental block with this cap idea?

I very rarely use public transport anymore, but do occasionally (like maybe once or twice a quarter) use a LUAS into town. I may also shortly have occasion to use a Commuter line train (possibly a bit more often for a while).

Is there any point for someone like me, or should I just stick with cash?

I use public transport about as regular as you. It's worth having it imho, I have one. You can top it up through your phone app, so stick €20 on it and you don't have to worry about change or tickets again. I have no idea of bus fair and how much I need, leap card means you don't have to worry about it. Heading for a luas and you can see one coming, forget about tickets, just tag on and you'll make the luas. Everything is slightly cheaper too. Definitely worth getting one and leaving it in your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thanks both... do the cards/credit expire or are there service fees if unused for a while?

The cap I was referring to.. and I probably have this arseways :p .. was about the max charge per day or something?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Thanks both... do the cards/credit expire or are there service fees if unused for a while?

The cap I was referring to.. and I probably have this arseways :p .. was about the max charge per day or something?

Nah doesn't expire, and there's no service fees. Register it online and then if you lose it they'll send you a new one in the post with your credit on it.

Once you hit the cap per day or week it will just stop charging you. Simple as that. Say you're taking 4x €2 journeys and the cap is €7, the fourth one will only charge you €1 and subsequent journeys will be free until the next day

• Advertisement
Advertisement