Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which tyres to choose?

Options
  • 30-05-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭

Picked up a c220 recently and need some tyres soon, went to my tyre fella and he said he has continental for €100 or hankook for €130
    He said they are both good tyres and Mercedes recommend hankook and so would he

So what ones do I go for

The internet isn’t for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Picked up a c220 recently and need some tyres soon, went to my tyre fella and he said he has continental for €100 or hankook for €130
    He said they are both good tyres and Mercedes recommend hankook and so would he

So what ones do I go for

Find out the exact model name for each tyre, and check out

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk or similar websites

It'll be hard to tell you which to get, without knowing the model of tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Continental are usually dearer the hankook. Again there are many models, but hankook are an upper mid range brand (they’re an OE supplier to the likes of Hyundai and Kia) where Continental is a premium brand

What size are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What size are they?

Looks like 17's from the OP's latest post
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Shows how little I know about tyres, just checked the models

225/50zr17
    Hankook Ventus v12 evo2
    Continental contisportcontact 5

If you can get continentals in that size for €100 then buy them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

May I ask where did you get continental for 100? I am looking for rear tyres for my C class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thought will update you guys.

I am on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. These tyres are the best so far. It feels like car is gliding, and a very good control on rainy days.

I was using Michellin primacy 3 before, they were bumpy and not as smooth as Goodyear.

Advertisement