Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E4 Scrambled

Options
  • 24-05-2018 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

On astra 2A satellite, E4 is tonight showing "scrambled". Has it moved or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

"8341" has now been relabelled as 'Film4+1'.

'Film4+1' has now changed transponders, moving from 10.714 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK to 10.729 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

(info thanks to Digi Man).

Update

"9241" has now been relabelled as 'E4'.

'E4 UK' has now changed transponders, moving from 10.729 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK to 10.714 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

"8341" has now been relabelled as 'Film4+1'.

'Film4+1' has now changed transponders, moving from 10.714 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK to 10.729 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

Update

"9241" has now been relabelled as 'E4'.

'E4 UK' has now changed transponders, moving from 10.729 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK to 10.714 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

Brilliant! Thank you. Retuned and sorted. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

How can you re tune individual channels. Film4+1&E4 not showing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Cork981

Channel changes can be tracked here.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

can anyone tell me how to get e4 back i don't understand what's been posted so far, 9241 comes up as no such channel for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

can anyone tell me how to get e4 back i don't understand what's been posted so far, 9241 comes up as no such channel for me.

Depending on the receiver you have you'll have to manually scan the frequency/transponder 10.714 Horizontal. The channel (and maybe the others) on that transponder may be stored at the end of the channel list. There will be an option to move the channel to the required location. Check the receiver's manual to see how it's done.

Just did it now on mine, stored as E4, 9241 is the channel's SID (service ID).

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You need to do a manual scan of the transponder settings posted above. Confusingly in this case E4 and Film4+1 have swapped TPs.

A simple trick to do in this case is
    1. Switch on channel E4+1
    2. press MENU>SETUP>SERVICE SEARCHING>MANUAL SCAN
    3. This will get the new settings for Film4+1 (I know its confusing)
    You will see a list of settings including a line that says "10729 V 22000 5/6". In this case it just happens that E4+1 is on the same TP where Film4+1 has moved to. By selecting E4+1 first it is already there for you in the menu.

4. Press OK to scan this TP.
    5. You will now see a list of the channels it has found on this TP including the new Film4+1. Highlight it and press MENU>ADD TO BOUQUET and select your favourites or wherever you want to put it.

6. Back at the manual scan menu highlight the line that says "10729 V etc...."
    7. Using the left/right buttons this will switch between the various preset TPs. In this case one left click will bring you to "10714 H 22000 5/6". This is the other required TP to recover E4.
    8. Press OK to scan this TP. Find the new E4 and add to your favourites as above.
    9. When done escape out of all menus. Bring up your favourites list on screen and highlight the old E4 or film4+1 entry.
    10. Press MENU and select REMOVE ENTRY to delete the old ones.
    11. With the favourites list still on screen, press MENU again and select ENABLE MOVE MODE.
    12. Highlight the new E4 or Film4+1 entry which will probably be at the bottom of the list and press OK to select it. Use UP/DOWN buttons to move it around your list and hit OK when in the right location.
    13. When you are happy with your moves, press MENU again and select DISABLE MOVE MODE.

Now that you know where those settings for the TPs are kept you will be able to do a manual scan anytime you see a list of specific TP settings. Just by using the left/right keys while the actual TP numbers are highlighted will step you through all the preset values.
    Needless to say there are lots of other ways to do this. It just happens that we already know Film4+1 moved to the same TP as E4+1, so it provided an easy starting point.

Re:- mention of 9241. Prior to moving a channel they normally test the new TP settings with a number used instead of the channel name. If you did the scan before the official switchover you would have the new channel with 9241 showing as its name. After the official switch you would need to re-scan or manually edit the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

sorry for resurrecting an old thread - recently our E4 on freesat has stopped working (even though E4+1 is fine). I done an auto-tune of the box, the scan still picked up the channel (ie it's Labelled as E4) but I don't get any reception. Do the instructions above refer to using freesat, or are they for some other Satellite Service ? I'm pretty sure we don't have channel 9241, and I don't remember any "Add to Bouqueut" option being available in the past when I done a manual scan (sorry, I can't remember the make and model off hand)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

E4 is on 10714 H 22000 DVBS

Advertisement