Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Free" Flight to various European destinations but..

• 20-02-2018 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭

..it's with Sweete :mad:

Free Flight with 30 tokens from Avonmore milk.
    1 token with a litre carton and 2 tokens with 1.75 litre.
    Flights are return to Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Milan and Frankfurt.
    Additional flight available at €99 plus taxes.
    If there's a No show, you will get hit with a €25 charge.
    Few other T&C's
    http://www.avonmore.ie/terms-and-conditions

The downside is, it's with Sweete and if you haven't heard, see here.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057758863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I got a free flight late last year through Sweete/Applegreen and had no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

So, if i spend around 25 quid on milk, i have all the tokens needed for a free flight to a destination that usually cost 10-25 euro for retail customers ( for bulk ticket booking, price can go as low as 3-5 euro, just to fill the plane, 'cause the airline needs a certain minimum passengers per flight for every landing )

Since i work full time and need to apply for my holidays 2 months in advance , was thinking to sign up my brother ( he got glued to the couch after finishing college. )

The only <detail> that worries me, is that i'm paying for this with my personal data rather than money...

'' 32. Personal data will be collected at several points in this promotion by Sweete. Entrants will be required to provide personal data (e.g. name, address, date of birth & passport numbers) to Sweete and the travel partner in order to administer the promotion and to make travel bookings for and on behalf of the entrant and their additional passengers (if any). '' -

Basically , fill up a form with name, address, date of birth & passport number , and post it to a marketing company . That's sweet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Only on Supermilk which is 1.49l / 1.99 for 1.75l (double tokens) so min spend to get this is avout 30euro. Not an awful deal but a better deal in my eyes would be supermarket milk at 75c and some 9.99 seats with Ryanair where I actually get to pick which country I go to and when.

Anyone taking up the offer should always buy the companion seat from the airline directly

Plus €25 if you cancel , €85 if you dont cancel and dont show up and you have to give them your credit card details just "in case". Actually amazed how these marketing companies manage to sell these promotions to big companies like Avonmore and Coca Cola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

go4it wrote: »
    So, if i spend around 25 quid on milk, i have all the tokens needed for a free flight to a destination that usually cost 10-25 euro for retail customers ( for bulk ticket booking, price can go as low as 3-5 euro, just to fill the plane, 'cause the airline needs a certain minimum passengers per flight for every landing )

Since i work full time and need to apply for my holidays 2 months in advance , was thinking to sign up my brother ( he got glued to the couch after finishing college. )

The only <detail> that worries me, is that i'm paying for this with my personal data rather than money...

'' 32. Personal data will be collected at several points in this promotion by Sweete. Entrants will be required to provide personal data (e.g. name, address, date of birth & passport numbers) to Sweete and the travel partner in order to administer the promotion and to make travel bookings for and on behalf of the entrant and their additional passengers (if any). '' -

Basically , fill up a form with name, address, date of birth & passport number , and post it to a marketing company . That's sweet !

Why else do you think a dairy company would give free flights if not to harvest data for marketing. There is no such thing as a free lunch, or flight ;)

go4it wrote: »

They need that personal data so they can check in etc for you - you don't do it. As mentioned above I got return flights with them last year and I haven't received any marketing or anything from them since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Im surprised people bother posting any bargain alerts.

Every thread has the same nay saying

Im surprised people bother posting any bargain alerts.

Every thread has the same nay saying

I wouldnt say naysing more than pointing out the actual value of a bargain. This offer could work for some namely people who buy the prouct already and have the flexibility to go to a random place at a random time.

For people to change buying habits and spend twice the price on a commodity to avail of this deal without looking into the terms behind the headline offer then its likely to be a bad deal for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I went to Milan Bergamo in Italy only a few weeks ago thanks to Sweete and an earlier Coca Cola Promotion for free flights.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057758863

You have to be flexible on the dates they give you, but it was a free trip to Milan so I wasn't complaining. I'll be switching to Avonmore Milk now to get the tokens thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm still waiting to be contacted about the flights from the Coke promotion.
    Sent them emails and never got anywhere.
    Also knew 2 other people that didn't get their flights either.
    One was contacted after their 1st choice date had passed which had been
    months in advance when the forms were sent back.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to be contacted about the flights from the Coke promotion.
    Sent them emails and never got anywhere.
    Also knew 2 other people that didn't get their flights either.
    One was contacted after their 1st choice date had passed which had been
    months in advance when the forms were sent back.

Taking it up with Coke not Sweete will get you a quick resolution. They would be loathe to see an impact on their reputation and they are Sweetes client so they will know how to push the right button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

sweete are a joke. Won "annual cinema pass" conditions are 1 pass per calendar month and call them between 1st and 7th of the month with code and explain yourself all over and eventually receive voucher worth 5-8euro

these things are an exercise in frustration even if you have the flexibility.

I have weighed up the options on this and I have decided it is no bargain. 1litre of Avonmore Super-Milk is €1.49, double the price of my normal 2l Lidl/Aldi milk at €1.49 or 3l at €2. I would need to buy 30 litres of Avonmore Supermilk costing €44.70 compared to €22.35 in Lidl/Aldi for my normal milk. Meaning I'd have to spend an extra €22.35 as Avonmore supermilk is exactly double the price.

The flights will be the cheapest available at anti-social hours which may require an overnight stay in Dublin the night before. (~€100 hotel night)

Buy your own cheap Ryanair flights at a time and date to suit you and it makes no sense to suddenly buy Avonmore milk instead just for this. If you buy Avonmore Super-milk normally and live close to Dublin airport it might be something that people could avail of, for me personally it is a marketing gimmick and only a handful of people will get flights and you would have to pursue Sweete to get it off them even then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Doltanian wrote: »
    I have weighed up the options on this and I have decided it is no bargain. 1litre of Avonmore Super-Milk is €1.49, double the price of my normal 2l Lidl/Aldi milk at €1.49 or 3l at €2. I would need to buy 30 litres of Avonmore Supermilk costing €44.70 compared to €22.35 in Lidl/Aldi for my normal milk. Meaning I'd have to spend an extra €22.35 as Avonmore supermilk is exactly double the price.

The flights will be the cheapest available at anti-social hours which may require an overnight stay in Dublin the night before. (~€100 hotel night)

Buy your own cheap Ryanair flights at a time and date to suit you and it makes no sense to suddenly buy Avonmore milk instead just for this. If you buy Avonmore Super-milk normally and live close to Dublin airport it might be something that people could avail of, for me personally it is a marketing gimmick and only a handful of people will get flights and you would have to pursue Sweete to get it off them even then.

:( oh dear. I'm an Avonmore customer, getting 6 big milks (12 tokens) delivered per week and live ~40min drive from Dublin Airport... so was thinking on going for this... should I avoid? Are sweete that bad? What if I sent the codes by reg'd post?

bigneacy wrote: »
    :( oh dear. I'm an Avonmore customer, getting 6 big milks (12 tokens) delivered per week and live ~40min drive from Dublin Airport... so was thinking on going for this... should I avoid? Are sweete that bad? What if I sent the codes by reg'd post?

If you are flexible with destination and don’t mind when you go it can be great. Just keep on top of Sweete...read the T&Cs and know & adhere to them. Especially #3, #12, & 13. Basically keep ontop of them if you haven’t heard anything 14 days after sending your voucher back in. Sending by reg post is a good idea as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Why do people pay more for branded milk? Milk is milk! It comes from a cow and is pasteurised. Indeed unbranded milk comes from the same co-ops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Why do people pay more for branded milk? Milk is milk! It comes from a cow and is pasteurised. !!

If it was that easy and straight forward...

The advertising : our cows are grazing happily ever after on fresh grass 365 days a year because Ireland has a mild weather and the rain keeps the grass growing ...
    Attach a picture of a cow heard on a remote ( 50 miles + ) field and everyone thinks is the real deal.

The REAL DEAL is that the cows you see in the middle of nowhere field while driving through the narrow country roads ( speed limit 100km/h ) are actually meat cows , not milking cows [ a meat cow will stay on a field unattended for 2 weeks , if it has a water and salt supply ]

NB: this short explanation was for the city folks that never tasted unprocessed milk from a dairy cow, 1 hour after the cow was milked..

Sorry for the off topic , but i had enough of this skinny milk followers asking me how many calories are in a 'white skinny latte'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Juliet87

bigneacy wrote: »

I don't think you've got anything to lose.

I find it helpful to approach this kind of situation with a positive mindset.

I understand the majority may have experienced a negative situation, regardless is about how you decide to let it affect you.

I got kids so milk is indispensable in my home. Although I'm not an Avonmore customer. Switching temporarily over for this deal only cost me an extra fiver.

I am waiting for any flight deals to travel more often this year so despite Sweete's procedures a free return flight won't do any harm

You should go for it.

Ps. If you have any leftover tokens, help me out.
    Thanks

You do know an extra person is €99 plus taxes & charges?
    The offer might be fine for 1 person but for any more it's terrible.
    Flights to London for 2 are normally cheaper booking via Ryanair direct.
    Also the "if you don't turn up" fees are excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackWit

AVOID!!! This Avonmore flights offer is a shambles and the customer service is a joke. Unfortunately Avonmore have fallen for it! I checked it out and it seems the same supplier of this promotions Sweete did the same thing to a large soft drinks manufacturer last year and there was hell to pay for it. They sell it in cheap, refuse to honour the offer and then run for cover. They have a reputation for this and Glanbia should know better. I won't be buying their milk again after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

JackWit wrote: »
    AVOID!!! This Avonmore flights offer is a shambles and the customer service is a joke. Unfortunately Avonmore have fallen for it! I checked it out and it seems the same supplier of this promotions Sweete did the same thing to a large soft drinks manufacturer last year and there was hell to pay for it. They sell it in cheap, refuse to honour the offer and then run for cover. They have a reputation for this and Glanbia should know better. I won't be buying their milk again after this.

You won't be buying their milk because you didn't take up a promotion offer but did take up a promotion offer with a different company?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Sounds more hassle than it's worth tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Looks like Vodafone have also fallen for it.
    They're offering free European flights for Vodafone X customers who top up via the my Vodafone app three times before the end of July.
    I'm still going to chance it but won't book accommodation until flights are confirmed obviously.

Vodafone; enough said there really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

I know someone who got enough tokens from the milk and got the voucher. They had to provide 3 different destinations with 3 different dates and they would get a free flight to one of the 3 destinations on one of the 3 selected dates. Its actually useless unless you're happy to go on a random flight on a random date.
    In the end they booked the flight they wanted with the airline, too much hardship to save a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Sent off the tokens and received the voucher. I nominated three flights and three dates online...pressed send on the laptop and heard absolutely nothing since . I don't expect it to be of any value and my only curiosity is why Avonmore would involve their brand in something that is unlikely to promote their image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

quartz1 wrote: »
    Sent off the tokens and received the voucher. I nominated three flights and three dates online...pressed send on the laptop and heard absolutely nothing since . I don't expect it to be of any value and my only curiosity is why Avonmore would involve their brand in something that is unlikely to promote their image.
    How long did it take to get the voucher back from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Kavrocks wrote: »
    How long did it take to get the voucher back from them?

Voucher arrived back in about a week. When it arrives you log onto their site and make your selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Still waiting for voucher. Posted it in 3 weeks ago. Already feel it was a bit of a scam as the window to get enough tokens wasn't quite enough for fairly average milk consumption. So had to buy loads on last few days to hit the target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Still waiting for voucher. Posted it in 3 weeks ago. Already feel it was a bit of a scam as the window to get enough tokens wasn't quite enough for fairly average milk consumption. So had to buy loads on last few days to hit the target.

This is evidence of how successful marketing can be.

Buy what you don't really need to hopefully get what you probably won't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackWit

This Free Fraudulent Flights promo is the most awful promotion I have seen in the market. My sister in law tried using it last year for the Coke promotion but never received a response back. I recently tried it for Avonmore Milk. It took me 6 weeks to save the tokens, then I heard nothing from them. WHen I banged their door down they said I was out of time. Then I realised its the same crowd Sweete promotions who are running it for Coca Cola / Glanbia / Avonmore Milk - total shower of con artists. And now I hear Vodafone are running the same Free Flights that cannot be used. They have been doing this to customers for too long, the Consumer Watchdog needs to get involved with their promos....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulvbyrne

Avonmore free flights computer skills test.

What kind of company cheats you out of your reward if you make an error completing your application for same?

Take a bow Avonmore, your agents do you proud.

You have been busy, 2 posts in 10 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laracianna

I collected 30 tokens with the help of colleagues and friends. I didn't buy any extra milk. I posted my tokens in the GPO on 5 April. They should have arrived next day as it's next day post in Dublin. After an e-mail and 2 phone calls, Sweete say they have no record of receiving tokens. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience? Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

laracianna wrote: »
    I collected 30 tokens with the help of colleagues and friends. I didn't buy any extra milk. I posted my tokens in the GPO on 5 April. They should have arrived next day as it's next day post in Dublin. After an e-mail and 2 phone calls, Sweete say they have no record of receiving tokens. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience? Thank you.

Sweete promotions are a nightmare to deal with. A friend won “a years free cinema pass” through glanbia competition turned out to be a single cinema ticket per month for a year IF he rang sweete between the 1st and 7th of the month and requested it. He emailed glanbia who gave a mealy mouth reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Sounds like any company using Sweete for promotions should be boycotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've been reading this thread with interest. We didn't have to buy extra milk as we would buy this amount of Avonmore milk anyway. I sent the tokens in on 4th April on behalf of a family member and the voucher arrived on Tuesday of this week. Don't know what the terms and conditions are as yet as I haven't seen it but at least its arrived whether they can use it or not is another thing.

I sent the tokens in on 4th April on behalf of a family member and the voucher arrived on Tuesday of this week. Don't know what the terms and conditions are as yet as I haven't seen it but at least its arrived whether they can use it or not is another thing.

That's only half the battle.
    Getting the location, dates and times you want will be another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PhilomenaJude

Diligently collected all the tokens and sent them in on time. Did not get any flight or token . Those horrible people people robbed me and are pretending they did not receive anything ! Does anybody know how to get an re-dress for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 PhilomenaJude

laracianna wrote: »

I had exactly same experience. Did anybody have any success in complaining to Avonmore directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Diligently collected all the tokens and sent them in on time. Did not get any flight or token . Those horrible people people robbed me and are pretending they did not receive anything ! Does anybody know how to get an re-dress for this?

Are you serious?

Re-dress. For what?

If you read the terms and conditions you'd realise it would be cheaper to book flights the normal way.

It's great to see all these posters coming back into the community!
    ;)

Examples:
    Juliet87: member since 2009, last post before this thread 3 years 8 months ago.
    paulvbyrne: member since 2008, 1 post before this thread and that was 9 years 3 months ago.
    laracianna: member since 2009, 1st post on the thread for 8 years 7 months.
    PhilomenaJude: member since 2007, last post 10 years and 6 months ago.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It's great to see all these posters coming back into the community!.

Gdpr

All dormant accounts were emailed that details would be deleted.

Obviously some checked in again

Yep fair point.
    interesting though that they ALL decided to post on the same thread for their next post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Just to let people know that I received my voucher in the post today!!! Saw the stamped addressed envelope and couldn’t think what it was for since it was as so long ago. In the meantime I had emailed them and the said they hadn’t received my tokens. Am pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

Hi Everyone, my girlfriend and I are both on vodafone and got codes texted to us this week. We are both fairly flexible work wise and I was wondering how feasible it is for us to redeem the offer and get the free flights to the same destination on the same dates?:confused:

Seems from the comments here your a bit at the mercy of Sweete...

NickB1337 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, my girlfriend and I are both on vodafone and got codes texted to us this week. We are both fairly flexible work wise and I was wondering how feasible it is for us to redeem the offer and get the free flights to the same destination on the same dates?:confused:

I reckon you have a better chance of Ryanair dropping bag charges on all flights for the rest of summer :)

NickB1337 wrote: »

Not a hope if you tell them or send them in together. They want to sell the extra seat.

If you send in separately and both put where you really want to go as your last choice then you have some chance :)

Seriously though, even if one of you gets it, you might find that the partner flight is significantly less booked with the airline directly than paying Sweetes companion fare

Also you could boost your chances by the choice. I've no idea of the specific offer but if for example Prague, Budapest and Liverpool are on the menu then putting Liverpool down as a choice will most likely result in you being sent there. If you are asked for dates - then each pick two options that are high season i.e. expensive and one option that is low season

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I reckon you have a better chance of Ryanair dropping bag charges on all flights for the rest of summer :)
    Not a hope if you tell them or send them in together. They want to sell the extra seat.

If you send in separately and both put where you really want to go as your last choice then you have some chance smile.png

Seriously though, even if one of you gets it, you might find that the partner flight is significantly less booked with the airline directly than paying Sweetes companion fare

Haha thanks guys. Guess we're best just booking a holiday as normal

• Advertisement
Advertisement