Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One night house rental

Options
  • 17-04-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm going to a wedding near Glen of the Downs this August. I have a group of friends (~10) travelling over from the UK for it. We'd like to do something together on the night after the wedding (a Sunday night), but the hotel is quite expensive so we don't want to stay there for a second night. Ideally we would rent a house/holiday home somewhere nearby. 

Does anyone know of somewhere suitable? I've had a look but a lot of the holiday homes I'm seeing seem to be weekly rentals only. Doesn't need to be anything fancy or to have 10 beds, just a decent-sized place to isn't too expensive.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Air b&b?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

beertons wrote: »
    Air b&b?
    I've had a look but there's actually not much there, I expected more. Some are quite expensive, or else they are just rooms in a house. I think it would suit us better to rent a whole house.
    Will take another look though, thanks for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dia squish wrote: »
    I've had a look but there's actually not much there, I expected more. Some are quite expensive, or else they are just rooms in a house. I think it would suit us better to rent a whole house.

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/22280739?location=Greystones&s=SX5ehpIJ

loyatemu wrote: »
    dia squish wrote: »

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/22280739?location=Greystones&s=SX5ehpIJ
    Thanks but that house is listed as unavailable and as a 10 night min stay anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd imagine if you find anywhere you'll have to pay for a block of days. Hardly worth the hassle to the owner if you don't. There's enoug of you to make that still relatively cheap though.

Left field: have you looked at hostels? There are quite a few in the area.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you find anywhere you'll have to pay for a block of days. Hardly worth the hassle to the owner if you don't. There's enoug of you to make that still relatively cheap though.

Left field: have you looked at hostels? There are quite a few in the area.
    Yeah wouldn't mind having to pay for 2 or 3 nights but ideally not a week. Hadn't thought of hostels, will have a look, thanks!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

YWCA Coolnagreina
    29 Google reviews
    Group accommodation in Greystones, Republic of Ireland1.3 km
    Address: Trafalgar Rd, Rathdown Lower, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
    Phone: (01) 287 4221
    Province: Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

how nearby does it need to be, there is a holiday camp in red cross around a 30 min drive southbound that is next to the wicklow brewery and its wonderful pub

that would be a nice spot for a day after the wedding

Advertisement