Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 Sr Silent water pressure

Options
  • 20-03-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Got this installed recently and when the setting is for cold water it flows out as good as I expect for an electric shower.
    The further I turn the dial for hot water the lesser the water pressure is, I hear the motor cranking up somewhat inside it and the water heats as expected, just the flow drops a fair bit.

Any clues if anything I can do/should do? Or is that the way it is. The previous triton I had installed in same bathroom didn’t have this problem.

Thanks for any pointers,I havnt a clue before I call the electrician or plumber .

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

andrew1977 wrote:
    Hi. Got this installed recently and when the setting is for cold water it flows out as good as I expect for an electric shower. The further I turn the dial for hot water the lesser the water pressure is, I hear the motor cranking up somewhat inside it and the water heats as expected, just the flow drops a fair bit.

You've just described what an electric shower is supposed to do.

With the water all the way to cold you are pumping out as much as 10 litres of water per minute. To get warm water you need to slow down the flow. At this time of year you can expect 3 to 3.5 litres of hot water per minute.

Try filling a litre jug with hot water from the shower. If you can get more than 3 jugs full in a minute then the shower is preforming as expected.

There are 5 settings on the shower head. Try a different setting. Some people find by fitting the old shower head that they get more hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You've just described what an electric shower is supposed to do.

With the water all the way to cold you are pumping out as much as 10 litres of water per minute. To get warm water you need to slow down the flow. At this time of year you can expect 3 to 3.5 litres of hot water per minute.

Try filling a litre jug with hot water from the shower. If you can get more than 3 jugs full in a minute then the shower is preforming as expected.

There are 5 settings on the shower head. Try a different setting. Some people find by fitting the old shower head that they get more hot water.

Thanks for the reply, just tried your suggestion with the litre jug. I got 2.5 jugs of hot water in the minute . What do you think? Good ?
    Compared to my old t90 this silent shower is definitely underperforming in terms of hot water pressure,anything I can get checked on it?
    Thanks again.

Assuming you have the power selector to two elements you should be at 9 kW. It's possible that your old shower was a 9.5kw but much more likely it was 8.5kw. So this shower should be as good if not better.

The previous shower was a triton t90xr and definitely more powerful on the hot water pressure flower than this one I had installed.

Any recommendations what I should do? Plumber or electrician or maybe triton customer service?

I am no way handy with electrics or plumbing so won’t be touching it myself.
    Cheers

andrew1977 wrote:
    Any recommendations what I should do? Plumber or electrician or maybe triton customer service?

I'd try whoever installed the shower. Triton are really good with their warranty but will charge you a call out fee if the shower itself isn't at fault.

It's also worth remembering that the colder the water in the attic the less pressure you get. Bad pressure in the winter & much better in the summer

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'd try whoever installed the shower. Triton are really good with their warranty but will charge you a call out fee if the shower itself isn't at fault.

It's also worth remembering that the colder the water in the attic the less pressure you get. Bad pressure in the winter & much better in the summer

Appreciate your help and advice, thanks again for your time.
    Will mention it to my electrician (a friend) who installed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭John.G

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Appreciate your help and advice, thanks again for your time.
    Will mention it to my electrician (a friend) who installed it

Any update on this?.

Advertisement