Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline tickets bought online

Options
  • 30-01-2018 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I bought tickets for the family to go to a wedding, I decided afterwards that I would like to stay a bit longer. I bought the tickets through skyscanner.ie, and paid extra for the Premium Service, which is supposed to make changes possible without additional fees, and I should only have to pay the difference in ticket price.
    However now that I want to make a change, they are quoting €180 for the airline change fee. I checked with the airline, BA, and they told me that there may be a fee of about €50, I have querried this with them but get no response from emails, and get an Indian lady who cannot understand me when I phone, apart from this I cannot get them to actually give me a quote to change the flights.
    BA say they cannot help me until after I have flown one of the flights, but this will be to late for me. If I have to pay a change fee and the additional ticket cost, it may actually be cheaper to buy another ticket, but this seems rediculous.
    Any Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Skyscanner is an aggregator, not a travel agent. You would have been directed to someone through them.

That’s who your contract is with and unfortunately it’s their rules that apply.

Let us know who you actually booked with and there may be boardsies who have gone through similar or who can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

it was vayama.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Never used them but their website says you can create an account, link your booking and do all alterations online. I’m guessing you tried that?

If not you’ll just need to persevere on their Irish number tel: 01- 903 6063.

Re: change fees over and above what BA are quoting you. You will owe them unfortunately. Their contract, their rules.

I’m guessing you booked with them as they were cheaper than BA direct? They were the cheapest because they loss lead hoping that people will want to make changes and that’s where they can stick them for the difference and make a profit. It’s the risks you take unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

kig wrote: »
    it was vayama.ie

Vayama is a licensed travel agent and strictly speaking BA will do nothing as the contract is between you and Vayama. Unfortunately you have to play by Vayama's rules when it comes to making a schedule change (even if BA say it will cost €50 to do the change with them).

I am assuming that you have the PNR (6 digit reference number) if you want me to do some digging for you drop me a PM.

Advertisement