Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chargers - Homestore Kinsale Road / Turners Cross Cork

Options
  • 01-01-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with these dual 22kw chargers in the Homestore car park in Cork (beside Woodies)? Plugged in but not charging, there seems to be a swipe card reader on the front - tried my ecars card but no cheese. Nobody in Homestore or Woodies knew anything about them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Did you turn off your charge timer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

goz83 wrote: »
    Did you turn off your charge timer?

Yup - checked the usual, and no timers set. The car made the usual one beep after cable was plugged in (got my hopes up!), but that was all it did. No signage on the chargers to indicate usage etc - very mysterious! Should’ve taken a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

No info on these on my side I'm afraid.

The only new off-network chargepoints I know of going in down in Cork are Musgrave's.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

I was out in Woodies last night so went for a nosey, as a previous poster said 2 units i.e 4 chargers on site and also have power BUT I tried using my ecar card and no joy.There are also 3 other concrete bays ready to be connected I googled the company today and rang them.
    Basically the lady couldnt find the specific chargers but said that the company sell chargers to a number of companies she wasnt sure who had bought thenm. They are close to Costa coffee and Homestore. I asked did they charge a fee she said that was up to the company she mentioned that in Germany Lidl I think dont as it encourages people to shop there.
    Assuming these do go live, in the space of a mile you have a fast charger at the Kinsale Road Roundabout, 2 slow chargers at the Black Ash park and ride and potentially 5 x2 slow chargers at Woodies /Homestore ...wonder did they factor that in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

So they've been there over half a year now, and are still unusable? What's the point?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

2 and half years now. Sorry for bumping an old thread. Just the off chance that someone has gotten info on them since.

Advertisement