Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 89.99 @Carphone Warehouse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Diy on DC unlocked with a bit of follow instructions for 4 quid 5mins work

I went down that route in the end and its now unlocked. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Does unlocking this void the warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

rebelbmx wrote: »

Keeps coming up as phone not found

dan786 wrote: »
    Keeps coming up as phone not found

You need to follow this step by step guide: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-android-hisilicon-unlock-guide

68508224 wrote: »
    Does unlocking this void the warranty?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

I've got the phone and I've ordered the eir SIM online. Do I need to wait for this to be delivered before the unlocking process or can I use a 48 SIM that I currently use in my daughter's phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

You can unlock it without any sim in it by following the guide above.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Inviere wrote: »
    Got one today in Liffey Valley:

1) Free Sim from Eir (activated with €5 topup, & call made).
    2) Bring said sim to Carphone Warehouse, & ask about the porting to VF deal
    3) Purchase phone @ €89.99, buy mandatory €10 VF credit
    4) Total €105

Any recommendations for an unlock code?

So if I'm already on vf do I need to buy the €10 credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

So if I'm already on vf do I need to buy the €10 credit

I don't know for sure but I would guess yes. As you are supposedly a new customer.

I got the free eir sim. Topped up by 5. Registered it.

And ordered the phone for free delivery. 109 Inc 10 three credit.
    I'm already a three customer but clicked the new customer section as when I clicked existing customer the price of the phone jumped 30 odd euro.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and the replies on what sounds like a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Diy on DC unlocked with a bit of follow instructions for 4 quid 5mins work

Did your phone show up in device manager as per the instructions?

• Advertisement

Did your phone show up in device manager as per the instructions?

Took me awhile to get it too work but do theses steps in this order.

On your phone dial pad code *#*#2846579#*#*, select "Project Menu", "Background settings", "USB ports settings", "Manufacture mode

Then connect the phone to PC by USB

Then download and install this http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/

Connect your mobile to HiSuite once installed

Check 'Ports' in device manager and see if 'Android Adapter PCUI' and 'DBAdapter Reserved Interface' are there.

Launch DC-unlocker software

Select Huawei phones under manufacturer

Select Auto detect under model and click search

Your phone should be detected. Note: mine didn't show the IMEI number when detected, just the serial number.

Open Server tab, enter your username and password that you received after credits purchase. Click "Check login''

Open Unlocking tab, click “Unlock” button, Wait for device to be unlocked, mine took about 30 secs to unlock

After you see that phone was successfully unlocked, restart it to complete procedure. Now you can use it with any SIM card. You can restore phone now to it's previous mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sorry if it's been answered already in the thread but I couldn't see it. Is there any shop that I can pick up a free prepay SIM to use to port over to get this offer?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Thanks for that, worked a treat

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been answered already in the thread but I couldn't see it. Is there any shop that I can pick up a free prepay SIM to use to port over to get this offer?

Eir give free ones but you need to purchase 5 euro credit and make a call to activate it

Eir give free ones but you need to purchase 5 euro credit and make a call to activate it

*in some cases

I used a free Eir SIM without ever putting any credit on it. They just called it while i was in the store to make sure it was active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

You can order one online for free if that helps.

Picked one up this morning in Tallaght. Eir insisted on a €10 topup. Anyway still a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Has the phone an FM radio built in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

68508224 wrote: »
    Has the phone an FM radio built in?

Yes, needs the headphones.

Picked one up this morning in Tallaght. Eir insisted on a €10 topup. Anyway still a good deal.

Is the cpw offer still on or did you buy from 3?

• Advertisement

Is the cpw offer still on or did you buy from 3?

The cpw is still on. It’s on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

All sorted here - phone unlocked using DC Software

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The cpw is still on. It’s on their website

I checked and it seems they are quoting 129.99 as their best price today unless I'm missing something. Link below

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/huawei-p8-lite-2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

This offer was still valid in Sligo 20 minutes ago.

I checked and it seems they are quoting 129.99 as their best price today unless I'm missing something. Link below

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/huawei-p8-lite-2017

I see it's changed now alright.

Gulliver wrote: »
    This offer was still valid in Sligo 20 minutes ago.

Same in Ashleaf too. Signs up in the window and on the TV in the window for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

Is anyone else having a problem with Spotify on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Just so people know, it's also €90 if you port to Eir. Might save someone porting to Vodafone and having to unlock it after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

any cheap covers or cases in a B&M shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So I just tried to buy one in Liffey Valley with a prepay eir SIM that I topped up, made calls on etc but they said I had to be with eir for over a month to port my number? Is this right?

phasers wrote: »
    So I just tried to buy one in Liffey Valley with a prepay eir SIM that I topped up, made calls on etc but they said I had to be with eir for over a month to port my number? Is this right?

In my case, no. I had my free Eir SIM less than a week, never topped up.

I went to Nutgrove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I used a lycamobile sim I got free which I never top ed up ,worked for me , but that was 3 weeks ago maybe they have clamped down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Inviere

phasers wrote: »

I used a brand new Eir sim that I'd just gotten from Eir five mins before taking it to Carphone Warehouse. Did they ask you how long you had it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Went in to two carphone warehouses,one today and one yesterday. Both told me the Vodafone port is down so they can't sell it to me. Very annoying. Seems like it's the same for all stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

If you port into eir is it 90e as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carbon74

kala85 wrote: »
    If you port into eir is it 90e as well

I ported from Tesco to Eir to buy this phone for a then cheap e149 about 6 weeks ago and delighted with the phone. e90 offer now is a super bargain for this great phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

I got mine in Balbriggan last week. Bought an eir sim card for 12€. Told him to port that number over to Vodafone for the p8 deal. He'd no problem with it. Didn't even open the eir sim card.

Is anyone else having a problem with Spotify on this phone?

Anyone? Seems to be the only app it has a problem with. Tried a modified version of it and that didn't work either, then I tried a different modified version called Spotify dogfood and that did work. Really strange.

Apart from that I'm liking the phone. At that price it's very good. Thanks to the op for taking the time to post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone? Seems to be the only app it has a problem with. Tried a modified version of it and that didn't work either, then I tried a different modified version called Spotify dogfood and that did work. Really strange.

Apart from that I'm liking the phone. At that price it's very good. Thanks to the op for taking the time to post it here.

What kind of problems are u having with that app

• Advertisement

What kind of problems are u having with that app

Spotify would close almost instantly when i opened it. Double checked there was wasn't an optimised app or anything but couldn't see anything that would cause it. Might do a reset at some stage. Already cleared the cache but that didn't seem to do anything.

Just installed, no problems for me.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just installed, no problems for me.

May be something to do with the fact I restored the apps via Google by syncing the two phones together over Bluetooth. Spotify aside I've had no problems.

Spotify would close almost instantly when i opened it. Double checked there was wasn't an optimised app or anything but couldn't see anything that would cause it. Might do a reset at some stage. Already cleared the cache but that didn't seem to do anything.

This happened to me too ( same phone). Logged in to Spotify.com and changed region from US to Ireland and the app loaded fine then. Hope this helps!

carbon74 wrote: »
    This happened to me too ( same phone). Logged in to Spotify.com and changed region from US to Ireland and the app loaded fine then. Hope this helps!

Think you must have had a different problem because mine wasn't even staying open long enough to enter a username! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Think you must have had a different problem because mine wasn't even staying open long enough to enter a username! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Yes. The app closed straight away. Had to open a Web browser and login to Spotify. Com. Outside of the app...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

I got Tesco sim for €5 and brought it into Carphone warehouse 10 mins later in an old phone and ported to Vodafone. She just rang the number to verify, no other questions asked. Great phone for €95 all in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is this deal over now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

any cheap covers or cases in a B&M shop?

anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement