Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Purofort Wellies

• 23-11-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Need a new pair of wellies and just wondering what is the difference between Purofort Professional and Purofort Plus wellies bar the price ?
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭50HX

think the professional are steel toe cap

always got the plus with the last few years, v light but they are easy to split/puncture

switched to bekina...much better

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

my Bekinas with steel toecaps cracked within a year where the big toe meets the foot
    the place where theres maximum movement I suppose
    Co op took them back as they are almost new but heard nothing since
    must ring them tomorrow
    In the mean time I went back to Purofort steel toes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Sami23

50HX wrote: »
    think the professional are steel toe cap

No they both come with a steel toe version so can't see what the real difference is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭cjpm

Agri direct.ie have a sale on Bekina today. From €43

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Some of the Dunlop wellies can be very heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

cjpm wrote: »
    Agri direct.ie have a sale on Bekina today. From €43

I've a light pair of green Bekina and I always feel socks wet after them , both of them not leaking but it's like they are cold or sweat more than heavier wellies I wear (marine type - very slippy on land but warm)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭50HX

sonnybill wrote: »
    I've a light pair of green Bekina and I always feel socks wet after them , both of them not leaking but it's like they are cold or sweat more than heavier wellies I wear (marine type - very slippy on land but warm)

take the insole out at the end of the day and let it dry...had the same feeling and also didn't wear socks as warm

Advertisement