Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker TV - BBC HD freezes

Options
  • 18-10-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've a Walker TV that is dropping BBC HD. When I change to the channel, it stays on for about 30 seconds before the screen freezes and it changes back to the previous channel. The signal is coming in from the satellite dish.

The signal quality for Astra 2 seems a bit low ( see attached), but I'm not sure if that is the problem.

431004.JPG

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

If your TV is only freezing on the BBC channels and then re starting to the previous channel, Well thats an issue with the TV been connected to the Internet, what you need to do is reset the TV to 1st time install and select UK as the country, then install the satellite channels 1st, then install the Irish Channels they will come in the 800s but you can move them to 801,802,803 and on-wards. then set back up your internet and you will be grand to go. This issue started way back in June and its affecting all of the Vestel made TVs that have a Satellite tuner and smart functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Signal quality is too low.

Has this only happened since the storm?

I'd be looking at the connection to the LNB, LNB/dish condition, dish alignment.

Disable the Internet on the TV and see is your BBC channels freezing then. Vestel who make Walker and Nordmende TV's are aware of the BBC channels Freezing while the Tvs are connected to the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

That transponder is one of the weaker ones and it does not have any BBC HD.

10847 V is very strong and it has BBC1 Northern Ireland HD and BBC Two HD.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Blunderbuss

Thanks - I'll try disabling Internet on the TV first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I'd try retuning first...

Yes come back and let us know how you get on, This issue with the BBC channels freezing while the TVs are connected to the Internet has been ongoing since last June, Walker, Nordmende and Vestel are all well aware of it. I found that changing the country to UK and reinstalling the channels has solved it. Blunderbuss If you need an up to date UK channel list just drop me a PM. :)

Just to make people aware of what happens,
    Once the TV is set for Ireland and connected to the Internet then any BBC channel you select will play for 5-10 seconds then just stops "Freezes" the screen goes blank and the TV switches off and after a few seconds switches back on to a previous "non BBC" Channel. I have re set up about 40-50 Walker TVs to country setting UK and Internet on since June. Its one of the biggest sellers in the shop i work for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

the good thing about walker tv satellite model is the channel list satellite and saorview all on one list no changing between saorview and satellite like other brands

Advertisement