Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tattoos may damage your health.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Think OP went to Magaluf and got a rampant cock tattooed above his ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Think OP went to Magaluf and got a rampant cock tattooed above his ring

Now now, I would have to self identify as an ill educated sponger for that to be the case.
    Also, what is this Megaluf you speak of?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Another win for my tattoos, in their role as a geebag-repelling adornment.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    LirW wrote: »
    So does smoking, drinking, eating meat, eating veg, eating fish, driving, sitting on the couch, sitting in the office, yoga, stress from paying a mortgage, cycling, pretty much any sport that bears any risk of injury. Your point is?
    Tattoos are completely avoidable, unlike sitting down etc. Unless of course if you don't get tattooed the consequences are worse, e.g. In a criminal gang or prison gang.

What if the pleasure one gets from getting a tattoo > than the opportunity cost of the stress they would derive from a lack of self expression meaning the net result is greater general happiness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'm shagged if they are bad for you, but i've tattoo's for the last 33 years (got first when I was 15) and I've had now issues, and back then, everybody used the same needle, it was just dipped in disinfectant

21/25

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    I'm shagged if they are bad for you, but i've tattoo's for the last 33 years (got first when I was 15) and I've had now issues

Apart from the dyslexia 😉

Apart from the dyslexia ��

hehe, I've had that longer than I've had the Tattoo's in fairness, but I never misspelled any of the thank god

21/25

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    LirW wrote: »
    So does smoking, drinking, eating meat, eating veg, eating fish, driving, sitting on the couch, sitting in the office, yoga, stress from paying a mortgage, cycling, pretty much any sport that bears any risk of injury. Your point is?
    Tattoos are completely avoidable, unlike sitting down etc. Unless of course if you don't get tattooed the consequences are worse, e.g. In a criminal gang or prison gang.

What if the pleasure one gets from getting a tattoo > than the opportunity cost of the stress they would derive from a lack of self expression meaning the net result is greater general happiness?

Whatever floats your boat.
    Would one get stressed if they couldn't express themselves through a tattoo?
    There are many ways to express yourself, all equally valid.
    Maybe you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

They might, they might not. We are all different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭gifted

Muppet on x factor now with a butterfly tattooed on his throat......should be slapped with a stocking full of ****e lol lol

• Advertisement

Only thing that annoys me now is that a Tattoo I got in 1985 for 8 pound would cost you €740 today, now I kind of understand inflation but that doesn't work out in my head

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looks cool now. Old and wrinkly in 30/40 years time.
    Don't see the point of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

In 40 years I'm gonna be old and wrinkly anyway.

Looks cool now. Old and wrinkly in 30/40 years time.
    Don't see the point of them

Who you callin old a wrinkly ? :P

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gifted wrote: »
    Muppet on x factor now with a butterfly tattooed on his throat......should be slapped with a stocking full of ****e lol lol

I used hate tattoos but I warmed to them a lot but whenever I see something like this it really turns me off them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

A new study has revealed that toxic tattoo ink can seep into the body and may have an adverse effect on health.
    http://www.newsnation.in/lifestyle/health-and-fitness/here-is-how-tattoos-can-cause-severe-damage-to-your-immune-system-article-181958.html
    Tattoos, once the preserve of marginal groups [...]

To be fair, this was certainly the case in the U.S., until about twenty years ago. They're still frowned upon in certain quarters even today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I reckon people make a mark on their skin when they can no longer make a mark on their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm surprised to see so many for whom tattoos do nothing. Last time this thread was done it was the complete opposite.

As I've said, I personally don't like or see the appeal of them. Expressing your individuality by doing exactly the same thing as most of your friends makes no sense to me and most tattoos I've seen look awful now, never mind in 30 years time. Some go way too far with them and destroy themselves with full length arm tattoos, upper chest and everywhere else.

Also, like it or not, other people will form opinions of you based on them especially in the workplace.

But hey, each to their own. I just don't get the appeal of drawing on yourself.

Advertisement