Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video connection problems

Options
  • 26-07-2017 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

I switched from Virgin Media to eir yesterday for both TV and broadband. The broadband is working fine but the TV box is giving problems. The engineer told me that the HDMI connection on my TV was broken so he used the scart connection instead. The serial-like connection on the back of the eir vision box is incredibly loose, even touching the box gently is enough to make it fall out enough to disrupt the signal.

I have plugged my chromecast into both of the HDMI slots on the TV and it works fine so it looks like the HDMI problem is with the eir vision box. The TV sometimes switched over to the HDMI channel when the box is turned on but it never receives any signal.

Should I be returning the box now and asking for a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

markpb wrote: »
    I switched from Virgin Media to eir yesterday for both TV and broadband. The broadband is working fine but the TV box is giving problems. The engineer told me that the HDMI connection on my TV was broken so he used the scart connection instead. The serial-like connection on the back of the eir vision box is incredibly loose, even touching the box gently is enough to make it fall out enough to disrupt the signal.

I have plugged my chromecast into both of the HDMI slots on the TV and it works fine so it looks like the HDMI problem is with the eir vision box. The TV sometimes switched over to the HDMI channel when the box is turned on but it never receives any signal.

Should I be returning the box now and asking for a new one?
    Hi markpb, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your TV service. The best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to assist you further from there and advise of all. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Advertisement