Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken key

• 11-06-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭

My car key broke today, the metal casing that keeps the key in the fob snapped off (surprisingly easily). Had anyone any ideas how to fix it or get a new one without paying the crazy money for an entirely new key?

It's a 2010 insignia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

Replying to my own post because I can't figure out how to add a photo to my OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Autokey in Newlands cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The likes of lock doctor can replace the casing, they quoted me €65 for a Hyundai flip key.

I know you can get bits off eBay alright, but not sure how tricky this would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

Autokey in Newlands cross

Cheers! Any idea how much it might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

markpb wrote: »
    Cheers! Any idea how much it might be?

Not sure about your yoke but it was 75
    for a Renault Scenic took 40 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

Auto key quoted me 180 for a new Mazda 6 key. 90 for none remote key. Crazy money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

These keys are bonded together so not really diy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Auto key quoted me 180 for a new Mazda 6 key. 90 for none remote key. Crazy money

Including coding ? Seems pretty reasonable. How much do you think a key should cost ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

tossy wrote:
    Including coding ? Seems pretty reasonable. How much do you think a key should cost ?

I don't know but less than that

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I had the exact same issue with a Hyundai flip key, the break looked identical to yours.
    Repaired it over a year ago with some metal epoxy type glue. Its been perfect since.

Edit: I wasnt sure what glue I used initially but found it in the end.
    http://www.diy.com/departments/evo-stik-rapid-metal-epoxy-glue-30ml/147451_BQ.prd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

If axa customer , check if cover in place

Advertisement