Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to the house at Dublin Airport?

Options
  • 08-05-2017 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Always wondered after T2 was built what did they do to that big house that used to be next to T1. I know it was a listed building did they do something crazy like move it elsewhere?

527729_11bd3471.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Apparently it was taken down and labelled brick by brick.

However this also "apparently" happened in two days, which seems unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Apparently it was taken down and labelled brick by brick.

However this also "apparently" happened in two days, which seems unrealistic.

Two days doubt that very much and it was a listed building

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

What was it used for throughout its life? I've tried to find out but can't see any mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not read all of this yet.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055876874

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

gobdaw wrote: »
    "The new plan may involve relocating Corballis House, a protected building, to a new site at the airport. "

Could it not be retained within the proposed new building envelope, as was done with protected structure at the extension to the National Art Gallery on Dublin's Clare Street?

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/corballis-house-set-to-be-demolished-27767426.html

Demolished not relocated by that account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Interesting it says the plaster work, windows doors etc will be in place after the building of the new runway. Since we dont have a new runway yet does anyone know what happened to it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Probably 'in storage' along with the protected structure bridge they removed to replace a few feet further down the river in Mulhuddart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Some of the plaster work is incorporated in the multi faith room in T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Corbollis house, I did dozens of courses in that place and slept like a baby through many more.
    I can still taste the coffee from the machine in the canteen downstairs, yuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

ED E wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like what they did with that house in the national gallery and it's better to just demolish if the need outweighs the benefit of keeping it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement