Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Master of Photography 2017

• 29-04-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

It's back. 25th May. I still haven't finished watching last year's series.

http://masterofphotography.tv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Just seen the Ad for it..:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'll give it another go but I'm expecting the same rubbish as last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Thanks. I'll watch it again. I enjoyed the last season. It's not amazing television and I didn't enjoy the xfactor format, but I'd still rather watch a photography TV show than anything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I like cooking so I aviod all the cooking competition shows on TV.

Think I will do the same for this as it sounds much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Starts tomorrow.

Leaving Cert student Molly Keane is among the finalists. Good luck to her!

http://www.donegalnow.com/news/leaving-cert-student-donegal-beats-off-thousands-reach-final-master-photography-series/163493

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Watched first episode.

Young girl from Donegal impressed. Talented and bold.

There seems to be more technical detail than I remember from last season, which is a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I'll give it another go but I'm expecting the same rubbish as last year!

I wasn't disappointed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw some of it last night and enjoyed it. Ive the judged recorded for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Just as good as the first series, if not better.... Great program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The contestants appeared to be a better standard from first assignment (in comparison to same round last year) but on the second one many of them really were poor.

I would wonder can they delete pictures as they go. Some of the stuff being shown was ridiculous. I'd have snapped, looked at it and deleted right away. Enjoyng the series so far but the narrator is do badly suited.

• Advertisement

This thread died a death. Did anyone stick with the show until the end?

The results of the final task were disappointing, especially given no one stood out or could make a good impression with the judges, though they are a tough bunch to please. I think I'm disappointed with the winner overall.

I watched it....disappointed that we didn't get the conversations among the judges.

thought the level of phography was quiet low in the end though she was the best of the 3.
    Probably wont bother watching if its on in 2018.

I saw it through to the bitter end. A worthy winner I thought. Considering she was nearly omitted more than once, she took the advice of the judges, and came through at the end.

I thought it was very good, and I'll be watching again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭manna452121

Watched it every week,some strange projects.I liked the idea with the broken mirrors,must give it a go, and she ended up being the winner. Some of the lens seem to be high end budget,I also saw that they were using https://www.peakdesign.com/slide.I got one some months ago and its very handy.Looking foward to next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

If you have sky catch-up you can download the whole series and watch anytime.

I watched the whole series I took found last episode disappointing.

I was very surprised with the overall winner I expected one of the men to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

The last couple of weeks it was obvious that Gillian would win.
    She showed the most creativity she also seemed to be the most experienced of them all.
    Didn't like her tho,she came across as being a bit full of herself. Even had a go at one of the other contestants for taking a similar angle as her.
    Thought it was a free country? She came across as insecure in her talents
    I will continue to watch it if it returns next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Steve F wrote: »
    The last couple of weeks it was obvious that Gillian would win.
    She showed the most creativity she also seemed to be the most experienced of them all.
    Didn't like her tho,she came across as being a bit full of herself. Even had a go at one of the other contestants for taking a similar angle as her.
    Thought it was a free country? She came across as insecure in her talents
    I will continue to watch it if it returns next year

I've just finished watching this series and agree with the above.

I enjoyed the series and I'd definitely watch a series 3 if they make one.

But I'd like to see some different judges. I really developed a strong dislike of the American judge. Most of her comments told me she was only interested in the tecnhical aspects of an image and not the artistic or the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cork Photographer

Hi all, does anyone have a link to what's in the equipment room for the 2017 Master of Photography series ? TIA.

Hi all, does anyone have a link to what's in the equipment room for the 2017 Master of Photography series ? TIA.

All Leica's, by the look of it :D

Souvid has been caught out. Not only did he fake a photo in the finale task, but he's been stealing pictures throughout his photography career and taking all the credit.

Link.

• Advertisement

Souvid has been caught out. Not only did he fake a photo in the finale task, but he's been stealing pictures throughout his photography career and taking all the credit.

Link.

Were was the mention of taking the photo in the article?
    Seemed to be all a out 1 photo of the child being raped.

Edit. Says it in paragraph 1 but doesn't mention the competition photo being faked

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cork Photographer

All Leica's, by the look of it :D

I don't know too much about the Lecia but I would like to know what model they are using. Anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I don't know too much about the Lecia but I would like to know what model they are using. Anyone know ?

The bigger camera is a Leica SL more info about it here - https://uk.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL/Details#Feature-EyeRes

Yours for only about 6000 euro! :eek:

Smaller ones were either a M or Q model.

Leica do make very good cameras, no doubting it, but with any Leica around 40% of the cost has to be in the name badge..! Just saying."

Were was the mention of taking the photo in the article?
    Seemed to be all a out 1 photo of the child being raped.

Edit. Says it in paragraph 1 but doesn't mention the competition photo being faked

More updates in this article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I missed series one but caught this. Very mixed bag. On the one hand it was great to watch an x factor style show that I have some tiny bit of knowledge on. On the other some of the contestants were awful. That guy who was trying to make Clive Owen uncomfortable...lol I was cringing my way through that piece. I dunno, Im no great shakes but a lot of those photos I wouldn't even have bothered processing. Delete,delete,delete.
    I thought Max was a shoe in to win, especially considering the final challenge was right up his alley. Gillian was a decent winner but I did not like her at all. Seemed very rude and arrogant. (I think I heard her giving out to some passersby to get out of shot).
    Great to see the Irish girl in there, she should have gotten further. I think the American judge didnt like her though....

(I think I heard her giving out to some passersby to get out of shot).

That 'passerby' was one of the other contestants... And she'd put the work in setting up the shot, and yer man wanders in and takes the pic.... LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

That 'passerby' was one of the other contestants... And she'd put the work in setting up the shot, and yer man wanders in and takes the pic.... LOL :D
    I remember that one lol. Im thinking of a different incident though. I think it was on the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

For those of you who enjoyed this program - we at Limerick Camera Club have invited Molly Keane to come and speak to us this Saturday the 9th in the Tara Building (near Lime Tree Theatre). We would love to see you there. Poster attached.

• Advertisement
Advertisement