Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corncrake talk

Options
  • 11-10-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

For anybody that might be interested giving three talks on my corncrake project.:

Offaly Heritage society building, Bury Quay, Tullamore 20:00 20/11/2016

Sweetman's pub, 2 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 (on the Liffey South side bank) time to be announced 02/11/2016

Galway city 02/12/2016 venue and time TBA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Eddie B

That'll be interesting. Hopefully I'll be around for the Tullamore one. Give us a reminder closer to the date, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

http://www.jwsweetman.ie/brewmaster_menu.html
    Sweetmans looks good.
    The cornflakes talk should be tolerable enough after I have consumed that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Sweetman's pub, 2 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 (on the Liffey South side bank) time is 19:00

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bugger, i thought this was tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It looks like the Tuesday Green Drinks? Sorry I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Am i missing something?! OP says it is on tonight, 02/11/16.

that's why i thought it was on tonight, but the IWT facebook page yesterday said the 1st.

was last night sorry for the confusion

• Advertisement

Giving Corncrake talk this Friday at 19:00 in Galway city. Western Hotel Prospect Hill, just off Eyre square.

https://clyp.it/iq4kwz5i
    Did a interview on my small corncrake project on Raidió na Gaeltachta from Wednesday. Podcast

Doing a talk for BWI in Port Laoise on February 28th. Following Saturday digging out nettle rhizomes (roots), just outside Kilcullen (Kildare). kilcullen just off M7. Really need the help

is kilcullen known as a nettle hotspot?

Just outside kilcullen there is a horse Stud where over the years they dumped old horse bedding. Result is dense nettles.

Following Saturday digging out nettle rhizomes
    Its a waste of time IMO because you won't get them all, and the remnants will sprout and soon become just as thick as they ever were.
    Roundup is the answer; use in a dry spell, late spring or summer. The butterflies won't thank you though, for taking their food supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

recedite wrote: »
    Its a waste of time IMO because you won't get them all, and the remnants will sprout and soon become just as thick as they ever were.
    Roundup is the answer; use in a dry spell, late spring or summer. The butterflies won't thank you though, for taking their food supply.

I think they are being dug up for transplanting as corncrake cover.

Oh right... that's the first time I ever heard of somebody digging up nettles because they wanted them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

recedite wrote: »
    Oh right... that's the first time I ever heard of somebody digging up nettles because they wanted them :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100365302

Advertisement