Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indo Headline

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Most of us non horsey-type people wouldn't, and don't know the difference, and prob won't care either.

Personally, I read the headline, then the article oblivious to the fact it mentions a "divider" in the very first line of the article.

Horsebox/horse box divider. It doesn't matter to me. Still a tragic accident regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Your Face wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/toddler-died-when-heavy-horse-box-fell-on-him-in-front-of-grandmother-35091697.html

There is a big difference between a horse box and a horse box divider.
    Its a tragic case - they should have got it right.

The Indo is not known for the accuracy of it's headlines. The content generally leaves a lot to be desired too.

The father would not describe it as either, but as scrap metal.

Either way, God love them all. I know it sounds odd, but there is something particularly tragic about an accident when the child is in the care of a parent or grandparent. You just think the guilt will consume them.

Advertisement