Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New mechanic needed :( [Dublin]

Options
  • 15-07-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

Lads lads lads, completely unsure where to lob this in if there is even a more appropriate place for it. ~Anyway...

For the last 8 years or so I've had the same mechanic and in all that time I can honestly say I haven't had an ounce of trouble. The lad has been stellar and got me out of a couple of last minute binds and in fact has gone above and beyond for me.

However the last 7-8 weeks he's been super- evasive when I call about an issue that cropped up after he had previously fixed it. In fact it bloody happened the day of the NCT!!! (Which the car subsequently passed with no advisories)

The thing is, I'm not calling him up to blame or anything, I just want the car back on the road and in fact needed him to do an oul service on it as well. Or that was the plan.

Anyway, after another week (6 weeks now) of "I'll call ya tomorrow" I've had enough and need to head on to someone else so can any of ye recommend anyone that won't cost the earth. I know that's a "how long is a piece of string" kinda question but what have ya...

EDIT: Should also say I'm based in Lucan so anyone in Clondalkin, Palmerstown, Ballyfermot etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

The guys at Mutts Nutts Motorcycle (Mill lane, Leixlip) have looked after my car a few time.
    I use them more for the motorcycles but I always see some cars worked on there (even a semi tractor once).
    I don't know if they did it as a courtesy to a biker customer but it may be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Lads lads lads, completely unsure where to lob this in if there is even a more appropriate place for it. ~Anyway...

For the last 8 years or so I've had the same mechanic and in all that time I can honestly say I haven't had an ounce of trouble. The lad has been stellar and got me out of a couple of last minute binds and in fact has gone above and beyond for me.

However the last 7-8 weeks he's been super- evasive when I call about an issue that cropped up after he had previously fixed it. In fact it bloody happened the day of the NCT!!! (Which the car subsequently passed with no advisories)

The thing is, I'm not calling him up to blame or anything, I just want the car back on the road and in fact needed him to do an oul service on it as well. Or that was the plan.

Anyway, after another week (6 weeks now) of "I'll call ya tomorrow" I've had enough and need to head on to someone else so can any of ye recommend anyone that won't cost the earth. I know that's a "how long is a piece of string" kinda question but what have ya...

EDIT: Should also say I'm based in Lucan so anyone in Clondalkin, Palmerstown, Ballyfermot etc...

Cloverhill autos are one of the best around, just moved to newer, bigger, better premises in cherry orchard Ind Est. Paul is owners name, don't think they advertise as they don't have to, word of mouth etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Steve in A1 Autocare in Charlestown. Bit further away but a really top notch guy. Does excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Mintoe wrote: »
    Cloverhill autos are one of the best around, just moved to newer, bigger, better premises in cherry orchard Ind Est. Paul is owners name, don't think they advertise as they don't have to, word of mouth etc

+1

Advertisement