Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre fitters/mechanic - am I being swindled?

• 05-05-2020 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

So, a few weeks ago I left my 2007 Audi 2 litre Diesel with 308,000 km (or thereabouts) in to a tyre place to get 4 new tyres.

The place showed me I needed a new piece for the CV joint and brake pads and they said they have a mechanic who does jobs for them. That was fine as I knew about the brake pads so I told them to sort both jobs.

In the meantime the balance was off on my wheels after the new tyres were put on as there was vibrations coming up through the steering wheel. When I left the car in for the mechanic to do the couple of jobs I told them about the wheel balance and they said they would sort this.

I then collected the car and the balance was still off. I couldn't get back to them straight away to sort this but I called them about it and they said to just drop the car in any morning and they would sort.

I finally got around to that today and they showed me that the ball joint was going on the side that they fixed the CV joint on. It was a different person to who I was originally dealing with who did the wheels today and showed me this and I told him about the CV joint and brake pads and he said he can see they were done and he can't say anything about the ball joint not being seen a few weeks ago but it is going now.

Now, they are a big enough place with a good few staff and they are there years and also my car is quite old with high mileage so I suppose these things can go, am I being paranoid in thinking they tampered with my car and are trying to make a few extra quid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They wouldn't tamper with your car to get business.
    With 300K on the clock things will need fixing..

Take car to another mechanic for a second opinion if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Your being paranoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Ok, thanks all.

Advertisement