Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will Harry Kane be in 2021/2022?..

• 09-05-2021 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭

Think he be ideal to replace Aguero at MCFC. So hope Pep goes after him.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Son on the bench either...

Thoughts???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

28 in the summer with a fairly suspect injury record and would be easily 120m + for any of the PL teams who would want him.

Can't see him staying in the PLand it's hard to see who outside of the PL who could afford him. Barca and Real are broke, PSG with Poch in charge, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think he'll stay on at Spurs due to so few clubs being able to afford him and Levy being such a penny pincher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Spurs. Unfortunately for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

City the only realistic club in England.

He needs to get out of Spurs asap anyway if he wants major honours.

PSG an interesting shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Masala wrote: »
    Think he be ideal to replace Aguero at MCFC. So hope Pep goes after him.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Son on the bench either...

Thoughts???

City don't play with a striker. Why would he go to a team that keep the likes of aguero and Jesus on the bench.
    City can afford him but he won't go there.
    If United can come up with 120m at least he would probably end up there.
    If they cant he will stay at his spiritual home.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    28 in the summer with a fairly suspect injury record and would be easily 120m + for any of the PL teams who would want him.

Can't see him staying in the PLand it's hard to see who outside of the PL who could afford him. Barca and Real are broke, PSG with Poch in charge, maybe.

He will stay in the PL as he wants Shearer's record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,891 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Glazers will stump up £100m for him to try and appease the Man U fans.

A club would be mad to pay it thought with his glass ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

He will stay at Spurs because no other club can afford such a price for a 28 year old, injury prone striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

We don't need him if Cavani stays. We have other positions that need filling i.e DM, CB @ RW.

• Advertisement

€100 million wouldn't buy one ankle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tom1ie wrote: »
    €100 million wouldn't buy one ankle.

Not enough to buy him alright, especially given the stupidly long contract he signed, but it’ll be interesting to see what the substantial and growing financial troubles at Spurs does to Levy’s famous resolve.

I think he’ll be at Spurs one more year though, and be gone the following one.

City would be the perfect move for him I think, he’s the type of striker than can drop deep and get involved in the buildup that Pep would enjoy. But I think ManU is a likelier move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

If player + cash deals were more prominent, I could see United offering Martial, Lingard and a fair chunk of cash for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Would love him at United but no chance Levy sells to United at a price they would be willing to pay. PSG the logical spot when you factor in ability to pay, willingness of Levy to sell, and meeting Kanes need to compete in the CL.

As an aside, it will be a travesty if he doesnt get to spend the next 3 or 4 years competing for CL. His own fault in many ways for signing the contract that he did, but he is better than this Spurs side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

If city fail to win the CL I could see him there tbh. Would love to see him at United but not for what he would cost. Most likely stays at spurs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Klopp would love him. Salah providing the ammunition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

He has a hamstring in him every season . Spurs won’t sell for less than 100m . Be interesting to see what happens . Spurs need 5/6 players so if they sell Harry they could get these many players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He's there for 3 more years under contract, I really can't see Spurs selling to any English side and they're not under any pressure to sell at the moment.

Whatever manager they get in the summer will no doubt be planning/building around Kane so I'd be guessing there's nearly 0 chance of him leaving this summer, next summer though, I'd be guessing he'll be out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

OmegaGene wrote: »
    He should go abroad to Real Madrid or barca if he spends another season at Spurs he won’t get a chance for a big move, if Spurs gets 100-120m for him they could spend that wisely

Doubt they will spend it wisely, look at what crap they bought from the Bale money a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

chicorytip wrote: »
    Eh I'm not completely sure that would be Salah's key selling point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Stuck at Spurs. Signing that contract at that age has screwed him. It probably made sense at the time and considering he’s always injured then maybe he feared the worst and wanted to safeguard himself.

Man City are too smart to pay 100m for him. United are stupid enough to do it but is United any better of a destination for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Masala

GSPfan wrote: »
    Stuck at Spurs. Signing that contract at that age has screwed him. It probably made sense at the time and considering he’s always injured then maybe he feared the worst and wanted to safeguard himself.

Man City are too smart to pay 100m for him. United are stupid enough to do it but is United any better of a destination for him.

Maybe City would do a Cash of over €60m + Gabriel Jesus. Don’t think Jesus is a natural goal scorer in the ilk of Kane. Pep false 9 system seems to Shows a lack of confidence in Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Bayern a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bayern a possibility.

Define possibility? I'd say zero to none. Their most expensive signing ever is Lucas Hernandez for €80M. (Source ; https://www.kyrosports.com/bayern-munich-10-most-expensive-signings/)

And it's an anomaly considering Sane is second by quite a distance. They never spend big.

He should go to City as Aguero's replacement. He could then be rested more so his ankles don't get worse and probably increase his chances of breaking Shearers record with longevity. On top of that he'll win trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Define possibility? I'd say zero to none. Their most expensive signing ever is Lucas Hernandez for €80M. (Source ; https://www.kyrosports.com/bayern-munich-10-most-expensive-signings/)

And it's an anomaly considering Sane is second by quite a distance. They never spend big.

He should go to City as Aguero's replacement. He could then be rested more so his ankles don't get worse and probably increase his chances of breaking Shearers record with longevity. On top of that he'll win trophies.

From a cynical point of view, it would also probably help City’s standing in the media to have the English Captain playing for them.

It’s the move that makes the most sense for a lot of reasons.. the only question I’d have is if City are happy to make a huge outlay on one player. They have the money obviously, and spend tonnes overall, but tend not to do these record breaking fees on mega-moves. The closest have been KDB and Sterling, which were high at the time, but peanuts now. They don’t tend to bet big on one-offs, instead absolutely filling the whole squad with 30-60m pound players. The most they’ve ever spent is 64m on Dias. So it’d be outside their usual M.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

MLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Think he ends up at city to make the league even less competitive next season . Just don’t see him as the going abroad type . He scores 20 plus league goals at spurs every season if he goes to city with the service he would get there he could hit some crazy numbers . And win throphies more importantly to him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

City...no doubt for me that that's where he'll go. It them Utd, who I don't think will spend the amount needed, or PSG but don't see him going abroad.

If he wants certain trophies City is the only show in town in the PL.

Will Utd win the league or champions league in the next 4 years? Maybe, but it's not probable. City will probably win at least one league in that time and a stack of other trophies. They'll almost challenge for the top honours every year. Maybe when Pep leaves they'll have a dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If he wants to win trophies and be a regular champions league player then he has to leave Spurs, the team seems to be going nowhere. He doesn't seem like a player that would go abroad, If he does leave Spurs then I only see him going to United or City. Best option is City but hopefully United because Martial isn't good enough and they can't be relying on a 34 year old Cavani to be the main striker

chicorytip wrote: »

Pool couldn’t afford him. Only the Manchester clubs could. He won’t go abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tom1ie wrote: »
    Pool couldn’t afford him. Only the Manchester clubs could. He won’t go abroad.

I don't think he'd turn down PSG if they came in for him.

Chance to win a league, later stages of the CL, playing with Neymar and Mbappe and teaming up with Poch again. Not to mention a massive pay bump.

With Scott Parker and Graham Potter being heavily linked to be the next Spurs manager Kane might not be the only player wanting to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

If you were City (or United) and you could sign Kane or Haaland for the same money who would you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JPA wrote: »
    If you were City (or United) and you could sign Kane or Haaland for the same money who would you go for?

I'd go Kane because your less likely for him to look to move on again in three year for another big pay day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Oft tough question. Personally Kane for the simple fact of proven in the PL. By no means do I think Haaland wouldn't cut it, but it's a possibility where as Kane ahs done it for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

he'll be at Spurs. Many years on his contract, why would Spurs sell?

Bayern won't pay that money.
    Barca and Real don't have it.
    Juve probably don't have it.
    Spurs wouldn;t sell to United or Chelsea, imo.

City and PSG are his only realistic options, and while City have spent big money overall they haven't spent WR money on one.

Would love for United to sign him, but I don't think United could afford to sign anyone else if they did and I don't see why Kane would want to sign for United as they are now with just him added. We'd still be a player or two short, and he would know that. Why leave Spurs if not signing for a side where you have a large degree of certainty that you will be in the serious mix for major trophies.

City could afford both!

You'll probably get the Premiership proven argument which is nonsense a lot of the time.

Haaland looks good in the biggest club competition so he looks ready for anything.

Kane is consistent. Can he do it at more high pressure club? Probably. Who knows, he could be a flop at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For United, I would say Kane. As we are less likely to see a transfer circus of him to Real or Barca in 2 years. If United sign Haaland, he'll be getting linked with a move away in 2 years - whether he does or not. I think United would have Kane for longer than they would have Haaland, but they'd make good money back on Haaland, Kane would end up leaving on a free or a cheap deal at 34 or so I would guess.

United would be blessed to have either, and I think if they had either this season we might have won the league - but I don't think the league would be as 'easy' to win next season, so I don't think Kane or Haaland on their own would be enough. and they wouldn't be able to by more players after them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Isn't Haaland's agent Raiola? More than enough reason right there to stay away from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Haaland is 20. Kane is 27. I can't see City spend 100 million on a player that age. All their big money signings have been younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Haaland is also looking for a million quid a week net, so that's another consideration.

Even for United, that'd probably **** their wage structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

Probably Spurs. I get the feeling that Levy will make negotiations a nightmare for any team that might be interested, and like Eriksen essentially just overprice the player.

A 6 year contract at a club that hasn’t won a major honour in decades anyway is a bonkers idea. Football moves far faster than that.

Gbear wrote: »
    Haaland is also looking for a million quid a week net, so that's another consideration.

City could probably pay half of it through the club and the other half through businesses in the UAE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

A million a week net! Stop football has lost all touch with reality . Looks very good but hardly touched the ball when it mattered in 2 champions league games v city

McFly85 wrote: »
    Probably Spurs. I get the feeling that Levy will make negotiations a nightmare for any team that might be interested, and like Eriksen essentially just overprice the player.

A 6 year contract at a club that hasn’t won a major honour in decades anyway is a bonkers idea. Football moves far faster than that.

Spurs are hardly flush with money. They may need to sell a depreciating asset. He's 28 in the summer and injury prone.

Is that more than Messi earns?

He's no Messi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭McFly85

6 wrote: »
    Spurs are hardly flush with money. They may need to sell a depreciating asset. He's 28 in the summer and injury prone.

I agree, and if it was up to me and someone came in with 100m he’d be gone.

But I think having England’s star striker leading the line is worth a considerable amount to Levy, and if any money needs to be brought in I think selling Kane would be way down on his list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

There must be 10 posts here already alluding to Kane being injury prone. In the seven seasons since he established himself he has played 34, 38, 30, 37, 28, 29 and 32 (with 3 games to go) league games per year. He is no more injury prone than any other player - people just notice it more as Spurs are so over reliant on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Pogue eile wrote: »
    There must be 10 posts here already alluding to Kane being injury prone. In the seven seasons since he established himself he has played 34, 38, 30, 37, 28, 29 and 32 (with 3 games to go) league games per year. He is no more injury prone than any other player - people just notice it more as Spurs are so over reliant on him.

I think for some people it's those numbers that are the cause for concern. We've all seen the twists and him going off hurt only to reappear a week or two later. There's a feeling that these past few years of playing through injuries could come back to haunt him in the near future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement