Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club finals moved to January from next year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I know the season structure in the GAA is crap.

I was simply pointing out that not finishing within a calendar year was not exactly uncommon. That's all.I'm not defending the rubbish fixture schedule the GAA has.
    except those sports play off a yearly structure that is based off a mid year start. GAA isn't.
    BTW I'd argue that the All Ireland Club championships are a totally separate competition form county championships and should be treated as such and played in a different year.They are essentially what the Champions League is for soccer
    except they're not though. I'd argue they're one and the same. And scale of them isnt so big like champions league which runs during the national leagues in soccer that they should be played in a different year.
    Playing then in same year bar small exceptions means you can keep all competitions within 1 calendar year which is far better for everyone.
    Teams can't even enjoy winning a county championship anymore as they are straight back into the AI club championship basically a week or two after winning the county final.Teams should be allowed to enjoy a county championship win by that being the last game they play in that calendar year.
    how much do teams need to celebrate a county win?
    We shouldn't be having 1/2 month breaks for sake of it. Play the competitions off in one year and have a proper off season with nothing played is far more beneficial for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Could easily get them ran off before Christmas if they wanted.

Advertisement