Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 UEFA Under-21 Euros

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Luca Waldschmidt just scored a stunner against Austria.

https://twitter.com/Emishor/status/1142874395490299904

Game ends 1-1 which sees Germany through as group winners.

Romania and France play tomorrow to determine who tops their group. Italy still in with a chance of qualifying as the best second placed team but they need either a Romania win, or a France win by 3 goals.

Teams for France vs Romania, kicking off at 8pm:
    France XI: Bernardoni; Amian, Konate, Upamecano, Sarr; Ntcham, Tousart, Guendouzi; Ikone, Mateta, Thuram.

Romania XI: Radu; Manea, Nedelcearu, Rus, Boboc; Nedelcu, Cicaldau; Olaru, Hagi, Coman; Puscas.

A number of changes for France. Mateta replaces Dembele up front, Guendouzi starts, Amian in for Dagba. Good few changes for Romania too, most notably Coman starts after scoring 2 goals as a sub against England.

This should be a good game with top spot up for grabs. England also taking on Croatia but it's a dead rubber.

Half-Time: 0-0 at the break; this game is an anti-climax. A draw sees both of these teams through and it looks like that's the plan. Neither side with a shot on target. Hate to see it.

Full-Time: It ends 0-0 with Romania through as group winners and France through as runners-up. Both sides played for a draw and Italy got shafted as they could have made it had both teams genuinely pushed for a winner. Wasn't a single shot on target in the whole game.

Croatia and England played out a 3-3 draw. Should have watched that instead. Nelson, Maddison and Kenny with England's goals; Croatia's coming from a Brekalo brace and Vlasic.

Semi-Final line-up is confirmed: Germany vs Romania and Spain vs France. Both games on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Romania have a nice team, I'm supporting the underdog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Haven't been watching any of this tournament, just wondering who you'd say are the Top 3 players that are standing out and who might be catching the eyes of the major scouts out there?

Teams for France vs Romania, kicking off at 8pm:

A number of changes for France. Mateta replaces Dembele up front, Guendouzi starts, Amian in for Dagba. Good few changes for Romania too, most notably Coman starts after scoring 2 goals as a sub against England.

This should be a good game with top spot up for grabs. England also taking on Croatia but it's a dead rubber.

Half-Time: 0-0 at the break; this game is an anti-climax. A draw sees both of these teams through and it looks like that's the plan. Neither side with a shot on target. Hate to see it.

Full-Time: It ends 0-0 with Romania through as group winners and France through as runners-up. Both sides played for a draw and Italy got shafted as they could have made it had both teams genuinely pushed for a winner. Wasn't a single shot on target in the whole game.

Croatia and England played out a 3-3 draw. Should have watched that instead. Nelson, Maddison and Kenny with England's goals; Croatia's coming from a Brekalo brace and Vlasic.

Semi-Final line-up is confirmed: Germany vs Romania and Spain vs France. Both games on Thursday.

biscotto.jpg

NIMAN wrote: »
    Haven't been watching any of this tournament, just wondering who you'd say are the Top 3 players that are standing out and who might be catching the eyes of the major scouts out there?

Top 3 players for me would be Dani Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz for Spain, and Luca Waldschmidt for Germany. They've looked like they could hold their own in their senior teams.

Also been impressed with Ianis Hagi of Romania, Federico Chiesa for Italy and Jonathan Ikone for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Top 3 players for me would be Dani Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz for Spain, and Luca Waldschmidt for Germany. They've looked like they could hold their own in their senior team.

Those players are 23 so they probably should be with the seniors at this stage. Its obvious they want to win this but if those players go to the Olympics and not the Euro's next summer I'll be baffled. Those countries ain't exactly strong in those positions right now either.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Those players are 23 so they probably should be with the seniors at this stage. Its obvious they want to win this but if those players go to the Olympics and not the Euro's next summer I'll be baffled. Those countries ain't exactly strong in those positions right now either.

Ceballos and Ruiz as regulars at senior level should be very interesting with their danger from long range. Common tactic of teams playing Spain is to sit deep, but these guys can make that a costly mistake since they're lethal outside the box.

Germany into the final after a 4-2 win over Romania in an end to end entertaining game. Two goals apiece from Luca Waldschmidt and Nadiem Amiri. George Puscas with both goals for the losing team.

Romania with a better first half and led 2-1 at the break but Germany stepped it up in the second half.

France vs Romania coming up at 8pm to determine the other finalist.
    Spain XI: Sivera; Aguirregabiria, Vallejo, Nunez, Firpo; Ruiz, Roca; Olmo, Ceballos, Fornals; Oyarzabal.

France XI: Bernardoni; Dagba, Konate, Upamecano, Ballo-Toure; Guendouzi, Tousart, Aouar; Ikone, Mateta, Reine-Adelaide.

Aouar comes back into the French side after a disappointing tournament so far. Needs a big game.

I think I'd like to see Spain advance as a final with them and Germany would be a tasty dynamic: Germany's counter-attacks vs Spain's possession style. Tough one to call though. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes to pens.

• Advertisement

France 1-0 in front. Mateta from the penalty spot after Firpo had fouled Reine-Adelaide.

Looks like PSG's Dagba has suffered a bad injury. Going to be stretchered off. Amian replaces him.

1-1. Marc Roca scores from a corner despite French keeper Paul Bernardoni making two very good stops just beforehand.

2-1. Oyarzabal scores from the penalty spot after a Konate foul. Looked soft to me.

Half-Time: Spain scoring just before the break. They're worthy of the lead. Roca and Ruiz playing well, Ceballos surprisingly quiet so far. France have been disappointing. Ballo-Toure at LB looks a weak link, getting caught out defensively and putting in some shocking crosses. I'd think about subbing him for Malang Sarr.

3-1 Spain. Ruiz makes a good run and picks out Olmo who finishes. France have conceded these goals at really poor times, just before and after the break. Hard to see Spain being caught now.

4-1 Spain. Mayoral the substitute blasts home after a nice cross from Fornals. That's game over anyway. Spain have been too good.

Full-Time and Spain through to the final. It was almost 5-1 in the final moments as Soler tried a lovely cheeky lob but Ballo-Toure cleared off the line. Didn't expect this to be so one-sided but France never showed what they could do. Roca and Fabian Ruiz controlled the midfield and France couldn't offer much on the break. Fornals had a good second half.

Pleased that the two best teams have made the final on Sunday. I think Germany can do more damage than France on the counter. Should be a cracking game.

What side is showing the final live tonight

Final's on Sky Sports Football from 7:45pm. Here are the teams:
    Spain XI: Sivera; Aguirregabiria, Nunez, Vallejo, Firpo; Roca, Ruiz; Olmo, Ceballos, Fornals; Oyarzabal.

Germany XI: Nuebel; Klostermann, Tah, Baumgartl, Henrichs; Serdar, Eggestein, Dahoud; Oztunali, Waldschmidt, Amiri.

Spain unchanged from the France game. Surprise call from the Germans as they start Serdar for the first time in the tournament. I'd rather see Neuhaus play as I think he offers more but looks a sign of the respect they have for Spain's midfield.

Should be a good game as these sides have been by far the two best in the tournament. Germany have been deadly on the break, while Spain have looked to control the midfield. I'll go for Spain to edge it.

Fabian Ruiz! Another long range beaut.

Terrible challenge from Spain captain Vallejo. Think that should be a red but he's been given a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Terrible tackle, red card all day long, a potential leg breaker / career ender, poor refereeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Yeah shocking tackle, definite red.

Seeing it again doesn’t make it look any better, apart from being dangerous and missing the ball there is 100% intent to cause maximum damage there.

Jesus the Spanish player had been a bit braver there he wins the ball, gets chopped down, peno and probably the game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very harsh on Germany but that Spanish team just oozes class

2-0 Spain. Olmo making the most of Nubel's spill. Germany were getting closer to an equaliser before that too. Tough for the Germans to come back now.

• Advertisement

Germany look like they have ran out of legs and energy, Spanish defense has been good too. Having said that they just squandered two more great chances in the last five. Should be four up.

Soler been so good since coming on. They've scary strength in depth.

Had to put that away, 5 yards out and missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan Germany

This could be a great ending now

Amiri pulls one back with a deflected strike. He's been Germany's best player today I'd say. Not over yet.

Fûck , what a strike, the deflection takes it over the keeper but still ! Going to be a nervous last six minutes or so for the Spanish

Germany playing a 1-2-7 formation

Full-Time. Spain win 2-1 to take the title. I think they deserved it, although Germany will look to that first half challenge from Vallejo that didn't result in a red. Fabian Ruiz the player of the tournament for me.

Very enjoyable tournament. Lot of goals and teams trying to attack. Future of European football looks bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Full-Time. Spain win 2-1 to take the title. I think they deserved it, although Germany will look to that first half challenge from Vallejo that didn't result in a red. Fabian Ruiz the player of the tournament for me.

Very enjoyable tournament. Lot of goals and teams trying to attack. Future of European football looks bright.

Yeah it was high quality stuff but Spain a class apart. Tried to watch the under 20 World Cup last month but it lacked the quality this tournament had. There was no Spain, England, Germany and Brazil in the under 20s and you need them.

Only watched the final last night, not seen anything else of the tournament.

Was very impressed with Spain, it appears they have a good crop coming behind the current team. Loads of class acts in there. Ceballos obviously looked very good, but then if you are a near regular in the Real Madrid team you'd expect to stand out. Fabian, Olmo and Vallejo excellent too.

Germany were solid looking as usual, maybe not a lot of flair in the team and always second best to Spain. In fact in the last 15 it looked like a training session for Spain. They were toying with the Germans and their complacency could have cost them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement