Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing

Options
  • 28-10-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have been offered a council house and I have accepted, how long will it take to get the keys it’s new build and ready to go ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Ask the relevant Local Authority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

101can wrote: »
    I have been offered a council house and I have accepted, how long will it take to get the keys it’s new build and ready to go ?

Anything from a week to a month. Its normal to have an appointment and get the keys handed over after going through and signing the tenancy agreement and terms and conditions. Ring them is your best option tbh, they can prob put you through to the deciding officer and they can fill you in on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Robyn80

Hope all goes well! Can I ask where abouts in stillorgan were you offered? I can only really see apartments available

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GrandkidsX4

I was offered a tuath house in April 2020 and still waiting to move into it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 V1kster88

Great news, congrats 101can.

I’ve recently been offered a house too, after 9 years! I’m looking forward to hopefully getting the key soon. Does anyone know what I can expect to be in already? It’s a new build. I’ve heard there usually isn’t any flooring or appliances? I doubt I’d have the money for them myself but I’m not eligible for any assistance as I work full time. Hoping there’ll be the basics ie flooring and maybe a cooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Polkadotpjs

V1kster88 wrote: »
    Great news, congrats 101can.

I’ve recently been offered a house too, after 9 years! I’m looking forward to hopefully getting the key soon. Does anyone know what I can expect to be in already? It’s a new build. I’ve heard there usually isn’t any flooring or appliances? I doubt I’d have the money for them myself but I’m not eligible for any assistance as I work full time. Hoping there’ll be the basics ie flooring and maybe a cooker.

Congratulations!! I’ve a friend who got a new build in the DCC area and it came with everything a new build usually would: kitchen with all built in appliances like dishwasher, fridge-freezer, cooker etc. No flooring anywhere except tiling in the bathrooms so you will probably need to budget for this.

Advertisement