Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

AMC on a mad one now.

Could be the next GME

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

AMC is 260% up in pre market... Ive 20 shares @4 gonna ride that cash cash cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I bought 5 yesterday @85 for the sheer thrill of it. I think I'll sell one on opening and let the others play out for a while. Absolute madness/ paddy power on steroids.

hold them , thats just beer money

i bought and sold from $35 to $43 over a week ago , i hadnt heard of WSB until the weekend

bought again two days ago ( a grands worth ) @ $66 , sold yesterday ( thinking i was clever ) @ $88 thinking it would drop back a bit

bought 4 shares after the reopen mid trading yesterday @ $120 , keeping those as its all profit

im only up peanuts ( a little over a grand in total over three trades ) but i only spent peanuts from the start

a trade im considering is buying GME out of the money puts as low as $60 which expire in a month , hard to see how thing mania can sustain itself for that long and its monstrously over valued as is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Almost every stock I have is down 5% or more. Going to be a very painful day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I realise it's stupid to even look at other things right now, but Microsoft had great earnings last night too, should bode well for the tech companies through earnings season. Expecting another big one from Apple today with the iPhone launch last quarter. Proably not one that's gonna impact too many directly, but our pension funds should benefit from it.

Christ, took me 5mins to even dig out this post again ha. But yep MS absolutely smashed earnings, and barely up 1% premarket. I sold my MS shares a month or so back, to rotate that money into other growth shares that will give a much bigger return short term. And today barely anyone cares with the gme and amc yolos lol. Most my watchlist of growth stocks back 7% or so today, I'm not worried because they were on a wild run and not even back to likes of the 20day ma, but I'm definitely alot less certainly about the whole market right now, I'll hold fire on anymore buying for the second anyways and let all this WSB sh1te wash over.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

cronos wrote: »
    Almost every stock I have is down 5% or more. Going to be a very painful day.

I am in the same boat. NIO killing me lately, along with IDEX and NNOX. Thankfully i have a few AMC shares with is helping to offset the losses today but still doesn't feel good. What is going on with NIO lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Is it the case of everyone selling and getting into GME and AMC and as a result, depressing the whole market ?

Noticed earlier all major exchanges are down , Irish banking stocks down 7%

vast majority of my ( permanent money ) is in the two irish REIT,s , they rarely do much up or down movement and pay me 4% in dividends , im also in Amazon but dont trade it

1% of my holdings is for gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm not going near AMC, had shares a while ago but dumped them out for a tiny profit. Stinks of a massive short to make up losses elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

circadian wrote: »
    I'm not going near AMC, had shares a while ago but dumped them out for a tiny profit. Stinks of a massive short to make up losses elsewhere.

Disagree. It's a pump and dump

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Disagree. It's a pump and dump

Either way I'm not touching it. I'm. With Timaay on this. I'll ride the GME wave as I'm already on it but for everything else I'll wait until the markets settle. Its gone from a volatile stock to a volatile market.

I'm holding what I have because I have faith in those stocks long term but I'll not be taking up any new positions until it settles.

circadian wrote: »
    Its gone from a volatile stock to a volatile market.
    eh, it's kinda been like this for the last year not just last week :pac:

Where's RIGOLO when you need him.

im in for more GME @ $150 , if it doesnt drop to it , thats fine

this thing wont crash for another few days but the volatility will be immense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

DutchYurt wrote: »

His (and my) PSTH isn't doing great. Bill Ackman really doesn't like to give updates. Should be coming out to create stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

And has anyone checked on Jim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

And has anyone checked on Jim!

Heard he's gone off the rails altogether, posting YOLO memes on Wallstreetbets and buying July GME Call options.

I think he always hinted at that type of investing ;)

eh, it's kinda been like this for the last year not just last week :pac:

True but this week has been particularly mental and clearly having an effect on an already unstable market.

That being said, I mentioned this to the missus earlier. We're headed for a crash soon but it's nothing like 2008. We're moving into a new age of technology and it's the companies that can make the transition that will survive.

Look at Intel, if they keep going the way they are they'll be irrelevant in 10 years. Getting smashed by AMD and tsmc in both design and production of smaller nodes. They're looking at getting into GPU and machine learning. Nvidia just bought ARM and AMD xilinx while as far as I can see, Intel are stuck on 10nm and x86/64. I've been using RISC based containers and microservices in the cloud for years, MS are moving towards it, Apple have already put it into production and Intel are standing there with their dicks in their hands with a node that's 4 years too late on an architecture that's at the end of it's life cycle.

This is one case in thousands of a shifting market and a shifting world in general.

WSB is nearing 3 million me. Going to wait for a dip and then buy some GME.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. I wonder what he's making of all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Bluebb993

dan786 wrote: »

What are you hoping to buy at?

Bluebb993 wrote: »
    What are you hoping to buy at?

Anything around 160-170 mark. Really hoping it dips

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

There was a lot of talk about Edesa a few days back , what’s the view on this now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dan786 wrote: »

Im sticking with what i have for GME dumping some others at open and buying some AMC when it dips

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im sticking with what i have for GME dumping some others at open and buying some AMC when it dips

Boom! If we go down, we go down together lol.

cronos wrote: »
    His (and my) PSTH isn't doing great. Bill Ackman really doesn't like to give updates. Should be coming out to create stability.

Same I've a tidy summ built up for PSTH and waiting for something to happen!

My PIPP has dropped 10% but I've faith in that long term with bidens buddies!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Does anyone follow the Motley fool for shares advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

AMC just went past 300% pre market

• Advertisement

#SaveAMC the number 1 trend in the US! You couldn't write it lol

Advertisement