Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Would I be crazy to throw 1K into AMC for the lols? Very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Does that mean it opens at that price or can it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Does that mean it opens at that price or can it change?

Still changing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Apparently Melvin Capital are out. Reason for that dip...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How can Melvin get out during pre market, the volume is too small

Report was that they got out yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Shedite27 wrote: »

I suspect most of them aren't paying that close attention combined with the Elon Musk tweet.

Some may also believe the reports are lies.

I'm more concerned with my SPAC's. Stay out of this sort of gambling in GME and AMC. But SPAC's are obviously risky in themselves. Hoping they stabilize though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ryanair at their lowest price since early November.

Worth a look if they dipped to €13?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Would I be crazy to throw 1K into AMC for the lols? Very tempted.

If you'd be happy setting that 1k on fire then yeah, cool.

After a nights rest I'm wary of all these shorts being touted. GME is a once off, I don't see it being replicated any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

Been on the GME rollercoaster since last week. Have only 5 shares in it, and having sold enough to recoup my investment I'm holding on to the rest to see where it goes. Have dipped into WSB on reddit a few times in there and I can see how it's easy to get swept up in the mania.
    Will likely bow out before Friday, but I'll make a call after I see how today goes.

cronos wrote: »
    I suspect most of them aren't paying that close attention combined with the Elon Musk tweet.

Some may also believe the reports are lies.

I'm more concerned with my SPAC's. Stay out of this sort of gambling in GME and AMC. But SPAC's are obviously risky in themselves. Hoping they stabilize though.

Aye, this squeeze has started to really affect other sectors, it'll be over soon I'd imagine. My opinion is to sit tight unless your shares have some actual news to work off.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ryanair at their lowest price since early November.

Worth a look if they dipped to €13?

Definitely. I've been waiting for a nice entry point for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

190 now. Dropped of 150 in last 2 hours.

This rate will be 100 by time market opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Reports that citron covered their positions in the $90's now

Gone up to 220 again. True rollercoaster ride.

Whatever happens if it does turn out Citron and Melvin lied the SEC better fvck them good

To buy ETH or AMC, I'm so torn! I'll wait until the market opens and take it from there

Its 265 so recovered back after the Melvin news. Are we seeing 500/1000$ today?

dan786 wrote: »

Anyone's guess, we could see $80 at close. Absolutely no way of knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Could be $500/$1000, could be $50/$100, anything's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I guess it's obvious to everyone, but once the earnings season is finished I see a big correction...we could have a last years repeat. so tread carefully folks with your longs..

• Advertisement

Short Interest is still over 100%

Short Interest is still over 100%

Where you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Shedite27 wrote: »

Dunno, there wasn't enough shorts sold yesterday for Melvin to get out, let alone citron aswel

https://fintel.io/ss/us/gme

VinLieger wrote: »
    Where you seeing that?

WSB

CNBC take Melvin article down so they are not out, think it was just a scare tactic

CNBC take Melvin article down so they are not out, think it was just a scare tactic

Jesus im seeing people say they actually shorted even more, wtf are they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

VinLieger wrote: »
    Jesus im seeing people say they actually shorted even more, wtf are they doing?

This is like Tesla shorts, except the same nightmare condensed into afew days ha

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

I bought 5 yesterday @85 for the sheer thrill of it. I think I'll sell one on opening and let the others play out for a while. Absolute madness/ paddy power on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

cc87 wrote: »
    The whole thing isn't really two fingers to hedge funds as much as people seem to be making out.
    Isn't robinhoods business model, micro-delayed free trading for average Joes because they they sell trade information to hedge funds? Allowing hedge funds to buy before reddit get in.

That's the word alright. The market makers get the dealflow before it hits the market, enough time to HFT front run it. So while individuals like Melvin might get shafted by this if they run out of bank (very nice to see the shoe on the other foot) the majority of the top tier players still make out like bandits.

The odds are so stacked against individual retail its not funny. Makes you wonder about the value of fundamentals analysis for long term holding, never mind what people might try for day trading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

AMC on a mad one now.

Advertisement